Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weird Email from Twisted Scissor quilt shop I never heard of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weird-email-twisted-scissor-quilt-shop-i-never-heard-t192377.html)

nativetexan 06-21-2012 07:29 AM

Weird Email from Twisted Scissor quilt shop I never heard of

I just got an email from Twisted scissor quilt shop with the subject of a chrg for $63.00!! never heard of them and never ordered this. i didn't open it because i have no idea who they are. I do so hate junk/spam emails. i guess i will keep this one and not delete until i make sure they havent' done something wrong.
anybody else get this by chance?

Favorite Fabrics 06-21-2012 07:32 AM

Didn't receive an e-mail like this, but... when I do get spam e-mails, if there are links in them I mouse over the links, to see where they go. You can learn a lot from looking at the urls... and it's often amusing.

As long as you only mouseover, and don't click, it is safe.

nativetexan 06-21-2012 07:34 AM

I will get into my email again later. when i first put my mouse cursor over the name it showed their email addy but now it won't do it on any of my emails. i printed one out from Amazon and then had that trouble. I hate being scared to do things on my own computer due to idiots out there. I would love to print this one out but it opens it to do that.

kountrykreation 06-21-2012 07:51 AM

Weird too, when I typed Twisted Scissor Quilt Shop into Google, I only get a few hits and all refering to Crazy Horse Quilting

Jan in VA 06-21-2012 09:14 AM

Apparently this shop(pe) does not have a web site, just a facebook page. You could call them about the charge.

Twisted Scissors Quilt Shop

Address: 1360 Disk Drive
Reno, NV 89434
Phone: 775-625-7017
Hours: Tues-Fri: 10am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 4 pm
CLOSED Sundays and Mondays
Owner: Karen Smith

Jan in VA

nativetexan 06-21-2012 10:52 AM

thanks, i could see it mentioned in someone's blog but i hardly ever go into blogs. am very wary of viruses out there. I just wish i could print out the email safely. Email provider sites should work on that.

Theodora 06-22-2012 03:35 PM

By chance did you buy something at a quilt show?

celwood 06-23-2012 08:18 AM

Many scams are going around. We just got an e-mail from"Verizon" telling us that we owed $1700 and to click on the link to pay it. I called Verizon right away and they said that it did not come from them and to delete it. He says that sometimes people who owe them a lot of money will send an e-mail out to see if the unsuspecting person will pay it. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the bill!

alwayslearning 06-23-2012 12:38 PM

When I Googled it, one entry said it was, sadly, closed. There was no date on that posting.

nativetexan 06-23-2012 01:24 PM

quilt show- hmmmmm. yes, darn it. i did!! i bought some fabric and just now am getting the receipt. whew!!! I knew i hadn't purchased anything recently for quilting. Thanks so much for jogging my brain. quilt show. yep, that was it. Now i feel silly. good to know it wasn't anything virusey. thanks again.