Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WELL I NEVER... My Husband said the "B" Word!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/well-i-never-my-husband-said-%22b%22-word-t135391.html)

javin22 07-05-2011 10:54 AM

So I was out Shopping with my Husband at JoAnn's yesterday, the 4th of July, Which just also happens to be our wedding anniversary, and I was explaining to him how much enjoyment I get from swapping blocks. I told him that we each make a certain amount of blocks all the same and then we send them and get back one block each from everyone else. So he said.... (are you ready for this?)... "So you put all the blocks together and make a pretty blanket". :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OH MY HECK!!! How long has he been married to me and he said it on our anniversary!!!! :shock: :shock: He called a quilt a BLANKET!!!!! :evil: ....SACRILEGE!!!!! The Horror!!! How dare he degrade a piece of art like that!!!!
I got him all straightened out! I don't think he will be making that mistake again. ;-) LOL

MrsM 07-05-2011 10:55 AM

This made my day!

alikat110 07-05-2011 10:56 AM

LOL...they just don't understand. Maybe you should get him a new blanket to compare with one of your creations

suebee 07-05-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by javin22
So I was out Shopping with my Husband at JoAnn's yesterday, the 4th of July, Which just also happens to be our wedding anniversary, and I was explaining to him how much enjoyment I get from swapping blocks. I told him that we each make a certain amount of blocks all the same and then we send them and get back one block each from everyone else. So he said.... (are you ready for this?)... "So you put all the blocks together and make a pretty blanket". :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OH MY HECK!!! How long has he been married to me and he said it on our anniversary!!!! :shock: :shock: He called a quilt a BLANKET!!!!! :evil: ....SACRILEGE!!!!! The Horror!!! How dare he degrade a piece of art like that!!!!
I let em' have it! I don't think he will be making that mistake again. ;-)

MEN!!!

bearisgray 07-05-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by javin22
I let em' have it! I don't think he will be making that mistake again. ;-)

Let's see - he was shopping WITH you at JoAnn's - and then you yelled at him! ????? When he was trying to be interested in something you were doing?

I hope you didn't yell at him so much that he won't go shopping with you again. :|

Hope you had a good anniversary, in spite of his "horrible" gaffe!

moonwork42029 07-05-2011 11:02 AM

Hopefully you refrained from slapping that man silly!

At least he's good is oh so many other ways...maybe he was just pulling your chain to get your dander up (and it worked).

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-05-2011 11:03 AM

Maybe for his punishment he should buy you a new really expensive quilting machine or something....

SuzyQ 07-05-2011 11:03 AM

Geez, he must have been livin' under a rock confusing a blanket with a quilt LOL

Susan

amma 07-05-2011 11:10 AM

maybe a nice dinner out tonight :wink: will help him atone for his blunder? :D:D:D

javin22 07-05-2011 11:10 AM

bearisgray--It was a blunder.. Now he knows something else to tease me about. It was all in fun, and we had a great anniversary. We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant and then we shopped some more and watched a movie and then we sat on our balcony and watched the whole valley light up with fireworks. It was great!