Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-animals-do-you-have-inside-outside-also-wild-animals-your-house-t89896.html)

lovingmama 01-12-2011 12:07 PM

Inside :two dogs,
outside : coyote, deer, stray cats, squirrels, rabbits, birds of all kind, a pretty smelly skunk, and a mole (which I would like to dissapear, the skunk incl.), bats

Liz aka Helen 01-12-2011 12:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have 10 cats and 3 Chihuahuas. Ages ranging from 10 years to 7 months old with the cats.

This is Bill @ 2 months old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158821[/ATTACH]

Goober after much play
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158822[/ATTACH]

Blanca the Old Girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158823[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 01-12-2011 12:22 PM

I have a lot of squirrels in my yard, They love to tease my poodle, MOlly. This is the reason she learned that she can climb the fence. I also have a neutered white siamese who decided that he lives here(outside).

Liz aka Helen 01-12-2011 12:27 PM

If your do some research you should find that the is a contraption that you can put over the entrance where the are coming into the attic. It looks like a cone the the pointed part facing out. They can leave but they can't get back in. Squirrels that is.

brushandthimble 01-12-2011 12:31 PM

woodpeckers, once a pair of the large very large ones that red and black?
A grey fox, deer, hawk on the fence snacking on a morning dove. squirrel, chipmonks, mice and moles in the house.

QazyQltr 01-12-2011 12:40 PM

Inside - two rat terrors(terriers) & 5 lb Pom
Barn - goats, chickens & noisy guineas
neighbors - cows, llamas, donkeys, cats, dogs
Birds - cardinals, blue birds, mockingbirds

clem55 01-12-2011 12:51 PM

Squirrels outsideand chipmunks, rabbits now and then, and roaming cats. One spoiled Shinese inside..

pocoellie 01-12-2011 12:56 PM

Inside-2 dogs, Che, a smooth coat Chow and Ruby, a pit bull/chow. Outside, a long haired cat, Squirrel, who is virtually useless as far as catching prey and 3 horses, Smokey, Crystal and Shadow. Wild animals, deer, quail, coyotes, bob cat, and other rodents, including pack rats.

ckcowl 01-12-2011 01:04 PM

deer, rabbits, fox, mostly outside...some birds...inside...a big white cat named kimba...he rules the roost and makes sure no (other wild animals) critters get in :thumbup:

Ramona Byrd 01-12-2011 01:05 PM

Here in town we of course have a lot of Squirrels, and one of them is sorta strange. For a long time I've found nuts hidden under leaves in my pot plants (not THAT kind of pot plants) and sometimes I stand out front and watch her (mentally a blonde?)
lay a nut on the ground and cover it with leaves. She'll study it and then move the leaves and rush off to find different ones. I have to keep pulling stray nut seedlings up from the planter beds. And in the notch of the front door tree is one nut that now has a leaf over it, replaced as soon as it blows away.
Also outside is a land turtle, now safely dug in for hibernation.
Inside are two rescue cats, and of course no mice have been around for years.
One male cat outside who comes around to pee on my front screen door. Sometimes dogs wonder around but in this town very few are let run loose.