Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What car did you learn to drive in? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-car-did-you-learn-drive-t47848.html)

jojo47 06-03-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I learned in my brothers Rambler.
The floorboards were rusted out in spots and rain and snow would blow in. Then a few months later we noticed the center of the car was sagging. It finally cracked in half. What a wreck. :-)

But I got a Ford Falcon soon after and LOVED it. That car ran on fumes....I hardly ever put gas in it.

I learned to drive in a 78 cadillac... My pappy and Daddy said if I can drive the "tank", I can drive anything!!! :lol:

I can't remember the car I learned to drive in, but it was a"tank". My very first car was a Plymouth Fury I. (I think one of my brothers was tempted to disown me because it wasn't a GM car, but he didn't. :D I miss him...

mommaB 06-03-2010 04:18 PM

Can't remember "learning" :D That probably happened on tractors!!, But the first car was a tomato soup rust red Ford LTD. Late 60's I think. And Daddy's 72 Ford PU. Then I had use of an old Dodge Satellite olive green station wagon..well it got me to school and work :shock: What a dang UGLY car that was :lol: :lol: My folks gave me the dodge Aspen wagon when I got married,and after that and ever since I've had a pick-up.

I remember all of us neighbor kids pooling our change so we could get $2 of gas and go to the lake to swim in the summer. The one kid had a corvair..we could cram 7 of us in there :-P Those were the days :lol:

peabee 06-03-2010 06:40 PM

1966 stick shift mustang and a huge cadillac! i hated it, but my dad insisted i learn how to drive a stick!! so glad i did.

GMA 06-03-2010 07:02 PM

1966 ford station wagon, with my parent's business logo on the door! Never hit anything and got my liscense on my 16th birthday.

tryitall 06-04-2010 06:19 AM

It is suprising at how many young people, male and female, that no longer learn to drive a stick. I still like it!

Lostn51 06-04-2010 06:32 AM

I love my stick shifts too!!! I am picking up a 2002 BMW 328i that the motor is locked up that is virtually brand new still (60,000 miles) and I am putting a built Chevy V8 and a 6 speed in it to knock around town in LOL!!

It should give those new Mustangs and Vettes hell!!!

Billy

Slow2Sew 06-04-2010 01:20 PM

An old 1966 Volkswagen bug, handpainted red, white & blue! :lol:

pab58 06-04-2010 02:13 PM

A brand new 1973 Plymouth Duster in driver's training class!! After graduation and a new job I bought a used one that had been owned by someone from Florida. It was white with a blue interior and........my brother installed an AM/FM 8-track system!!!!! Boy, I sure thought I was all that and a bag of chips!!! My girlfriends and I would crank up that 8-track, listen to Elton John and sometimes cruise up and down Woodward Avenue! HOTDOG!!!

Slow2Sew 06-07-2010 07:50 AM

What great memories!!! We could have lived in the same hometown! We seemed to have quite an animal collection in those days: Three Dog Night, The Beatles, The Monkeys, The Eagles, The Turtles (OK, they were a little old for us), etc.

Originally Posted by pab58
A brand new 1973 Plymouth Duster in driver's training class!! After graduation and a new job I bought a used one that had been owned by someone from Florida. It was white with a blue interior and........my brother installed an AM/FM 8-track system!!!!! Boy, I sure thought I was all that and a bag of chips!!! My girlfriends and I would crank up that 8-track, listen to Elton John and sometimes cruise up and down Woodward Avenue! HOTDOG!!!

Covered in Threads 06-07-2010 08:21 AM

My first driving experience was in an old Renault with 3 on the column. Af ew years later, my very first car was a '67 Chevy Impala with a V8 engine. It moved (got it over 110 mph on the back roads of Julian in California) and get this I now once again own a 2004 Chevy Impala and watch for me on those back roads once again! ;0)