Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   what a day!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-day-t62634.html)

Tussymussy 09-02-2010 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
Just wanted to tell you that my DD that just had the baby had emergency gallbladder surgery today. She had tons of stones, inflamed liver and pancreatitis. She was one sick girl. I've been at the hospital all day and I'm pooped.

No quilting today :( ....had to throw that in so that this post would be legal :lol:

Been there and done that about 2.5 years ago. I do feel sorry for her as pancreatitis is a really horrible thing to have.

If she had keyhole surgery, she will recover quite quickly. However, tell her to take her own time as the surgeons' estimate that I would be fully recovered in 7 - 10 days was way out.

Sadly, if it was not keyhole it does take much, much longer to get back to normal.

Once she is on the road to recovery, she will start to feel really great, but do tell her to watch the fats. Many of us that are missing a gall bladder have problems with metabolising fats.

Finally, your daughter is being well looked after and my experience was that my family and friends suffered more than I did.

We are rooting for her and you
xxx

GrammaNan 09-02-2010 08:22 AM

I know others that have been through this. It will take time for her to get her strength back. She is so lucky to have you to help her out. I will add her to my prayers. Please keep us updated on her progress. Best wishes to all of you!

ann clare 09-02-2010 09:17 AM

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. Hugs to you both.

clem55 09-02-2010 09:46 AM

Sooz, Crawl in bed and get a good rest, I bet you will be pretty busy for awhile. Hope your daughter has a quick recovery, sad to think of anyone having such pain.

cherylynne 09-02-2010 12:47 PM

I had gall bladder surgery right after my daughter was born, too. That was 25 years ago. They said that the baby caused my gall bladder to not function properly because I am short bodied.

mzsooz 09-02-2010 01:59 PM

Thanks everyone! She is home now and doing really well. The best part was while in the hospital they had someone come and help her apply for medicaid!!!! I'm so excited. Lets hope she qualifies. They said everything looked good and that she should. Next is WIC and we'll do that as soon as she feels up to it.

Me....I just slept for 3 hours and feel worlds better. It is looking good for sewing tomorrow!! In fact... I may just run downstairs and at least hold fabric for awhile. Sometimes that helps :)

ForestHobbit 09-02-2010 02:13 PM

So sorry to hear about your DD. She must be feeling better after surgery. Can't imagine being pg and suffering from gallstones. Poor baby.

mzsooz 09-02-2010 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Baby got to come see mom today before they checked her out of the hospital. Had to get a photo!

Bobbinchick 09-02-2010 04:47 PM

I had pancreatits and gall bladder suregery about 5 or 6 years ago. I had the key hole surgery and it went well and my recovery was not long at all. Sure did gain the weight after that. So tell her to watch what she eats and how much. She no longer has the bile to help with degestion so it will be easy to gain weight. I was in the hospital for 6 days before they did my surgery as I was so yellow that they had to wait til the fever was down and the yellow went away before they did the surgery. The pancreatits is avery painful and I wouldn't wish it on any one and the Dr said I was very lucky I did not go into shock or any thng like that. Take care nad tell her I wish her well. Huggies, Fay

Jingle 09-02-2010 06:33 PM

I had pancreatitis from a stone getting stick in the bile duct and Dr. was shocked I wasn't in pain, I wasn't, had surgery and gallbaldder came out, had to spend the night, another stone lodged in bile duct and was antibiotics. Went back to work next day. I don't feel pain like most people.
Dr. and surgeon said I could eat anything I wanted and I have.