Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What did you Get for Christmas that made you laugh? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-you-get-christmas-made-you-laugh-t173138.html)

Up North 12-25-2011 11:06 AM

What did you Get for Christmas that made you laugh?

My 2 sons and DIL came out to help me wrap gifts and I had to run to town so the also cleaned the livingroom. Opening gifts to day there were several under the tree from Santa. Yea they wrapped me my box of CD's, my husband got a box of wood wrapped in paper-Fire starters- Also a couple things he had gotten as gifts from his boss were re wrapped and under the tree. They wanted to clean and did not know where to put things so they wrapped them! These kids are in their 20's so it was a funny Christmas.

Monika 12-25-2011 11:12 AM

Love it!!!

Arleners 12-26-2011 04:07 PM

My husband has a steadily increasing hearing loss which he refused to acknowledge. He makes me repeat everything I say and it is getting quite annoying by now. "Santa" took pity on me and put a megaphone under the tree just for me! My husband didn't think it was very funny, but I have been using it every time he asks me to repeat things. Perhaps he will get tired of it and go for a hearing aid.

I am having fun.

BuzzinBumble 12-27-2011 06:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL! Too funny about your kids idea of Christmas cleaning Donna!

Arlene, Love the megaphone! I've been hearing impaired since I was 26 or so, but the reality does sneak up on you. I can't tell you how many tea kettles I boiled dry and ruined before it finally sunk in. Perhaps your DH would consider looking into hearing aids if he knew he would be able to impress everyone with his. These are my favorite:

dublb 12-27-2011 11:32 AM

I hate horror movies & my youngest DSon got me the double pack of Aliens 1 & 2.:D

BarbaraSue 12-27-2011 11:47 AM

In one gift bag, along with the jewelry, was two replacement heads for the spinning battery powered toothbrushes! lol

annthreecats 12-27-2011 12:34 PM

My boss gave me a countdown clock and it's set to countdown to HIS birthday! It was pretty funny.

redkimba 12-27-2011 12:49 PM

My stepmom received socks & underwear from her sister (for xmas). My stepmom then gave me the underwear. (she did ask me if I wanted them)

Grandma Mary 12-27-2011 02:12 PM

I got a giant box of candy...I mean GIANT! It must be 18" X 24"! I always tease him about how he gets into my candy stash whenever he stops by, so he thought this would serve both of us. Of course between the 9 people over for the holiday, the supply has dwindled, but nothing's better than sharing with loved ones!

writerwomen 12-27-2011 03:33 PM

We have carried on the tradition of using the Sunday comics fro wrapping some of the gifts. As kids my parents did it to stretch the budget. This year even though we had extra wrapping paer each of the kids opted for at least one gift in comics- and they checked to make sure there was one for each of them wrapped in comics under the tree.