Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What to do with this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-t126998.html)

Ramona Byrd 05-31-2011 09:39 AM

In my annual rummaging around in closets, which I laughingly call "Decluttering" I've found a many yard long piece of fabric (must be 10 or 15 feet of it, about 50 inches wide with both selvedges ripped off) with masses of 3+ inch different colored shoes on it. It's primarily reddish, not 100 percent cotton but sturdy with only a little give in it. I have no memory of where this came from, the Fabric Genies hid it in my closet.

I suspect that with a lot of starching, it could be cut and made into....what?

I love it, love the wild shoes on it, but my mind is blank when I try to see something that might be made from it. Not pillows for my couch, the red has a purple tone that does not agree with the deep red/brown of my couch pattern.

erstan947 05-31-2011 09:45 AM

Charity quilts, totes or purses Show pics....we love pics:)

Tink's Mom 05-31-2011 09:49 AM

I think it would make a great purse.

hudgoddess 05-31-2011 09:55 AM

Shower curtain?

Ramona Byrd 05-31-2011 10:03 AM

Purse? Shower Curtain?
Never even thought of these, but the more I think about it, the more interesting it gets. I can see a shower curtain in my old, tiny bathroom. Cream walls, tiny dark gray tiles, this would make a darling outside shower curtain over the plastic inner one. And I could put up some of my shoe collection. After I broke my ankle in the mid 70s, I started collecting shoes of all kinds, stone, ceramic, plastic, metal, etc. Even have a commercial foot that was used for making shoes...in my size!!

Yup, shower curtain and a tote. That sounds good.

Ramona Byrd 05-31-2011 10:08 AM

Now that you have my mental juices flowing, I can see it glued to a couple of big hat boxes that are still strong and useful, but are looking kind of cruddy. They would be darling with this fabric. Wonder why I never thought of using it for the hat boxes. And then there's a big foot locker from DH's Army days that I want to use as storage at the foot of the guest bed. Put up on painted legs and with this quilted and glued to it, might look nice.

QuiltE 05-31-2011 10:13 AM

Show us some pictures .... and the creativity will abound!

Sounds like it could be a fun backing for a quilt.

Just-Lee 05-31-2011 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Purse? Shower Curtain?
Never even thought of these, but the more I think about it, the more interesting it gets. I can see a shower curtain in my old, tiny bathroom. Cream walls, tiny dark gray tiles, this would make a darling outside shower curtain over the plastic inner one. And I could put up some of my shoe collection. After I broke my ankle in the mid 70s, I started collecting shoes of all kinds, stone, ceramic, plastic, metal, etc. Even have a commercial foot that was used for making shoes...in my size!!

Yup, shower curtain and a tote. That sounds good.

And don't forget to make some coordinating bath/ hand towels too!!

dglvr 05-31-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Show us some pictures .... and the creativity will abound!

Sounds like it could be a fun backing for a quilt.

Ditto

Ramona Byrd 05-31-2011 11:26 AM

[quote=QuiltE]Show us some pictures .... and the creativity will abound!
============
First I have to learn how to post pictures. And for my Avatar I want my Koko's picture of him hiding from me by standing under the lamp shade.
One of these days.