Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What to do?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-t82173.html)

Aurora 12-12-2010 07:50 AM

I have a treadle and an old Redeye that was a teadle that I am converting to a handcrank. Fortunately, knitting doesn't require electric

Parrothead 12-12-2010 08:18 AM

Something to be said for hand quilting! I can do it by candle light. Right now we are driving through AZ and it is in the 70's today. I feel for all of you where it is snowing. I lived in Upstate NY for ten years so I had my share (and someone elses) of the white stuff.

jolo 12-12-2010 08:36 AM

same thing with my electric this am it was off for only an hour but it felt so oooooo long with out being abel to do any thing and with my eyesight couldnt even do any hand work. lol

Abby'smom 12-12-2010 09:56 AM

yes, we are so dependent upon electricity for nearly everything -- the only just gas thing that we have here is the hot water heater -- I want to have my chimney cleaned so we can use the gas sparger to have gaslogs (and cook over it in emergencies) -- the puter, microwave, range/oven, heating system and AC, lights are all electric -- if they go, we have water since our little city has generators for that system, but we just don't know how to do without

suern3 12-12-2010 02:16 PM

I'm thinking maybe using a treadle machine could count as exercise, also! What do you treadle users think? Can we sew and develope shapely legs? LOL

suern3 12-12-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom
yes, we are so dependent upon electricity for nearly everything -- the only just gas thing that we have here is the hot water heater -- I want to have my chimney cleaned so we can use the gas sparger to have gaslogs (and cook over it in emergencies) -- the puter, microwave, range/oven, heating system and AC, lights are all electric -- if they go, we have water since our little city has generators for that system, but we just don't know how to do without

Our house, which we built almost 35 years ago, is all electric. There wasn't even a gas line in the neighborhood until several years ago. Now we wish that we would have run a line so we could have converted our fireplace to gas. The appeal of cutting our own fire wood and cleaning the mess up has long ago lost its appeal!

tweetee 12-12-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I was gonna say treadle time too!

Great minds think alike, so we all must have great minds! I was gonna say time for atreadle too!

kathome 12-12-2010 05:59 PM

That's when I reach for the crochet projects that I'm constantly working on. But DH has ideas of his own if you know what I mean.

Men..................!

auntiehenno 12-13-2010 10:52 AM

I am from the South, SOuth Dakora and never get snow there---hahahahah. In Denver now and storm missed us, but snow coming Thurs. Sioux Falls was -12 this AM Burrrrrrrrrrr

quiltmom04 12-13-2010 12:54 PM

Better get a treadle!