Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Dislike or Hate About Summer (or Any season) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-dislike-hate-about-summer-any-season-t47713.html)

kwiltkrazy 05-30-2010 09:03 PM

Can't stand the heat, I'm a coastal girl. The humidity also kills me. Love the flowers, and the ability to get outside without getting sopping wet from Oregon liquid sunshine. Winter is very wet here, it's okay most of the time, but it does get tiresome. I'm ready for spring, it actually didn't rain today.

Linda B 05-30-2010 09:05 PM

I can handle up to about 85 or so if the humidity is low. Around here, though, the summer humidity rarely goes below 80-90%. And there is no breeze.

Honey 05-30-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Humidity turns my sweet self into the wicked witch of the midwest :D

Boy, aint that the truth!!! I HATE humidity!!

Katia 05-30-2010 10:02 PM

I hate the heat, and the sunburn that goes with it if I go outside. I don't know how people ever live in it constantly. I am such a houseplant, I never go out in the heat if I can help it. I am fair skinned and can feel my skin starting to burn, just in the walk to the mailbox.

Spending much time out in the heat takes away all my energy too. Really sucks.

Darlene 05-31-2010 03:20 AM

Temps above 75, high humidity and bad storms.

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-31-2010 03:44 AM

I don't like the heat or humidity. I usually spend alot of time in indoors in the a/c. Just can't seem to be able to be outside when it's too hot or humid. My favorites season is the Fall.

beachlady 05-31-2010 04:08 AM

I agree with humidity as an answer.

sewcrafty 05-31-2010 04:20 AM

I also lived in Houston for about 7 years. Baby powder w/cornstarch became my friend. Humidity is not!!! Even up here when it gets humid my legs and feet swell!!!! The heat doesn't bother me its the humidity.

Oh when the seasons change and you get the mold outside. Not good for me at all!!

clem55 05-31-2010 07:12 AM

I love Spring and Summer! Seeing things green up, flowers come alive again, swimming in my pool, cook-outs with the family, sitting on the porch and chatting with neighbors. Not seeing hubby in his chair for hours at a time. LOL Winter cold is okay, but I hate the dark dreary days that seem to go on forever once Xmas is over.

Panther Creek Quilting 05-31-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
I love Spring and Summer! Seeing things green up, flowers come alive again, swimming in my pool, cook-outs with the family, sitting on the porch and chatting with neighbors. Not seeing hubby in his chair for hours at a time. LOL Winter cold is okay, but I hate the dark dreary days that seem to go on forever once Xmas is over.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!