Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you shave with? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-shave-t79720.html)

misseva 11-30-2010 10:51 AM

This may not work for young people who have normal amount of hair on their legs - but I'm old and don't have a lot of hair on my legs. I DO, however, have it on my chin, in my nose and in anyother place you DON'T want it. I use the homemade hand cream recipe found here on this board - don't even have to use water. I can shave my legs sitting on my bed. No razor burn either. Then all I have to do is rinse my razor in hot water and I'm done. I have a jar of this homemade cream in the bathroom at work, beside my recliner and beside my bed. Need to make another batch. BTW, I added some extra virgin olive oil to my batch because my skin is so dry.

0tis 11-30-2010 11:03 AM

Isn't that just one of the joys :cry: of getting older - hair on our faces. I have one that grows out of my cheek and I never see it until its about a foot long (not quite but feels like it) then I pluck it out. Thankfully I don't have much of the problem but I am sure it will happen one day. At least you found a pleasant way to take care of it.

:lol: :lol:

pheasantduster 11-30-2010 11:14 AM

Would love to get 'hints' I'm plucking chin every day!

clem55 11-30-2010 11:37 AM

LOL!! Oh the joys of our "golden years"!!

Murphy 11-30-2010 12:12 PM

Recipe?

redvette54 11-30-2010 01:07 PM

I can sure relate to the facial hair thing, however for my legs, I use hair conditoner, works great, no razor burn or bumps.

ConnieSue 11-30-2010 01:44 PM

What is the recipe

Willa 11-30-2010 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis
Isn't that just one of the joys :cry: of getting older - hair on our faces. I have one that grows out of my cheek and I never see it until its about a foot long (not quite but feels like it) then I pluck it out. Thankfully I don't have much of the problem but I am sure it will happen one day. At least you found a pleasant way to take care of it.

A girl I worked with started to get facial hair so she went to a Dr. Her Dr. told her to always cut and never pluck. When you pull you stimulate more hair growth and will get even more.

Annaquilts 11-30-2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Willa

Originally Posted by 0tis

A girl I worked with started to get facial hair so she went to a Dr. Her Dr. told her to always cut and never pluck. When you pull you stimulate more hair growth and will get even more.

Oh lovely. I hate stuble so was plucking.

DebraK 11-30-2010 10:17 PM

a razor.