Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Think of the Padded Flat Rate Envelopes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-think-padded-flat-rate-envelopes-t91522.html)

frugalfabrics 01-17-2011 09:18 PM

Well, I think I'm gonna really like these. I can actually fit more in one of these envelopes than in the regular flat rate envelope.

Have you sent any out? Have you received any in the mail?

In my opinion, you can fill it up more fully and the flap closes with ease.

I've just packed up 8 of these padded FRE's and they will be going out tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they travel through their route safely and arrive in one piece in tact!

Anyone receiving one of these in the mail from this site or any other location...let us know how the package looks when it arrives.

The most I was able to fit into one of them was 7.5 yard!! My usual amount was 3.5 to 4 yds in the regular FRE...so I'm impressed with these. Maybe I will use up the mass quantity that the post office sent me.

Would love to hear what others think of them.

cjomomma 01-17-2011 09:22 PM

I gonna have to check these out. i was always afraid the paper envelope FRE's was gonna rip open.

AndiR 01-17-2011 09:26 PM

I haven't gotten any yet. Local PO didn't have them so I ordered from the online store and they haven't arrived. Have you tried the legal sized FRE? I had something I needed to ship last week that would have fit in those but PO didn't have them either. Sigh.....

frugalfabrics 01-17-2011 09:27 PM

They are bubble wrap on the inside and a paper type of product on the outside.

I did the "puncture" test on one of them...because I wasn't sure either.

I took one of my unused envelopes and sacrificed it...lol. I poked my fingers at it and tried to stab it with the corner of another envelope to see if it would tear all the way thru or not. It only tore the surface after repeated tries...but the bubble side stayed intact. So I figured it would be okay. I still taped all the corners, the addresses, and the edges.

Time will tell.

frugalfabrics 01-17-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by AndiR
I haven't gotten any yet. Local PO didn't have them so I ordered from the online store and they haven't arrived. Have you tried the legal sized FRE? I had something I needed to ship last week that would have fit in those but PO didn't have them either. Sigh.....

The post offices are not going to carry these 2 new items...they have to be ordered thru the on-line store. When I ordered them, they took much longer than usual. The other stuff I ordered at the same time, came a week before the padded and legal ones arrived.

debbieumphress 01-17-2011 10:21 PM

I ordered some from USPS so am waiting to get them. Everyone else must be too because they were sold out a while. LOL.