Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you think of this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-think-t281057.html)

SewingSew 08-04-2016 08:58 AM

What do you think of this?

http://www.viralnova.com/spirit-leaving-body/?mb=aol

I watched a documentary once about astrophysicists discussing the energy of light and how it relates to our auras. According to them, our auras are composed of quarks, which are smaller than an atom. Not everyone has the same color aura. Just as there is science behind the colors of the Aurora Borealis and the rings of Saturn, there is science behind our auras. There is so much in the universe that is beyond our understanding. So what do you think? Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever experienced something that you couldn't explain?

Watson 08-04-2016 09:18 AM

Do I believe in ghosts? You'd have to define what you mean by ghosts. I believe that some people who die get stuck here for a time before they find their way to where they need to go.
I believe that when people die they go on to another plane (Call it what you will:Heaven, Nirvana) where they basically go over with a spiritual adviser (call it what you will: Angels, God) how they did in their last life before deciding what lessons they still need to learn and going on to the next life where they will hopefully have the opportunity to do better. Eventually, when you've learned all the lessons you are required to by the Higher Power, you can stay or continue to cycle through lives.
Lots of you will think I'm crazy and that's OK.
We all have our own experiences and upbringing that creates who we are and our beliefs.
Namaste,
Watson

aronel 08-04-2016 09:24 AM

Watson, I do not believe you are crazy. I have seen things, that I cannot explain. I also sense things. You are very wise and I believe the same as you.

Aronel

SewingSew 08-04-2016 09:33 AM

Watson, I have pondered over what you are talking about many times before and been involved in lengthy discussions with people who believe this way. Along the same line of thinking, you might say that we have known one another before and are placed in each other's path to gain certain experiences so that we can grow spiritually.

Some people also believe that the tunnel of white light is composed of the energy of spirits, and that spirits give off different colors, and all the colors create the white light. (Some people would argue that white is the absence of color, but some would say white.) If that is so, then it could explain why people see loved ones who have previously passed waiting to greet them I have also read somewhere that the white light is God's breath. Life holds so many mysteries.

What did you think of the link that I posted? Do you think it is a hoax or do you think it is real?

ManiacQuilter2 08-04-2016 09:56 AM

I almost drown in a tsunami at Catalina (island off So CA) that was cause by an earthquake in Hawaii in the early 70s on Thanksgiving day. I did see the light, very bright and flashing like a prism. Fortunately for me, the tide pulled me out from under the dock and my friend grabbed me and toss me onto of the overturned rowboat.

quiltingcandy 08-04-2016 10:03 AM

I have experienced several incidents with spirits and so I believe. No reason to try and explain it to non-believers, they usually think you are telling stories but where we lived there were no other explanations for incidents that did happen.

I can't speak about the validity of the video, there is so much trash on the internet it could go either way.

Doggramma 08-04-2016 11:49 AM

I've had several experiences myself. A few times I've seen person-looking spirits in my house. Twice it was the same old lady, and once it was my husband even though he was not actually home. Once the lady was wearing light blue polyester pants and top. The next time it was the same outfit only yellow. The second time I had fallen asleep playing solitaire on my iPad and she was leaning over looking at the screen. It was weird but not scary.

I've heard enough stories from people to think that some are probably more sensitive to these experiences. Maybe because you believe you experience things. Who knows.

I also had a weird neck-tingly experience in my sewing room a couple weeks ago. Couldn't find my rotary cutter. There were 2 rulers on the cutting mat, but no cutter. Looked all over and back to those 2 rulers again and again. Then all of a sudden there it was next to the rulers.

As far as near death experiences, I really want to believe there's more than BOOM you're dead, the end.

SewingSew 08-04-2016 12:17 PM

Doggramma, I believe you. My son bought a house about 12 years ago. It's a bungalow that was built in the 1940's. The previous owner had lived there for years and had died in the house. Every year, my son has a Halloween party and of course we always take photos. Several years ago, we were looking through the photos with some friends and one of his neighbors. Someone said, "Who is that?" There was an apparition of a man standing near everybody near the well head. And then the neighbor looked white as snow, and he said, "That looks just like the man who used to live here." If I can locate the picture, I'll post it so that you can see. I took the photo...

SewingSew 08-04-2016 12:32 PM

So far nobody has mentioned the link that I posted. Watch the video after the Ellen Degeneres clip.

Pollytink 08-04-2016 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSew (Post 7619319)
So far nobody has mentioned the link that I posted. Watch the video after the Ellen Degeneres clip.

Yes, I'm a "believer" too. but what/where is the Ellen clip? My brother was a policeman in our city (he's deceased now). We were talking about this once and he said he has seen a similar thing....he believed it was the soul leaving the body....when he was dealing with someone who had died or was killed.

I would love to see that documentary of astrophysicists discussing the energy of light.....is it still available anywhere?