Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do your grandchildren call you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-your-grandchildren-call-you-t100678.html)

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 02-18-2011 01:18 PM

My first born grandchild called us Oma and Opa. It's German. Then she decided to call us O-Mommy and O-Poppy. She finally settled on Oni and Opi and that's what we are. Sounds like the Beverly Hillbillys, yes?????

grandme26 02-18-2011 01:34 PM

To the IL grandchildren I am grandmommy. My oldest GS would call me grandpapamommy so I got him to say just grandmommy and that has stuck with the 2 for almost 19 years.

To the AR grandchildren I am grandme(username now) Oldest GS here would call his grandfather pepe but finally got it to grandpe. The 2 little ones chose grandme after hearing the older ones call me that. They call their other grandmother grandma.

Susie42quilter 02-18-2011 01:43 PM

Mine started with Abuela, then shortened it to BUELA, then shortened it again to UELA.

My Mom was NANA to all her grandchildren and I did not feel I could live up to her standard. We were stationed in beautiful SPAIN for two wonderful years so I chose ABUELA and the kids seem to like it!

I wonder 02-18-2011 01:49 PM

We are Gramey and Grandpa to all five of our grandchildren. I also might add having grandchildren is just the best thing ever!

vwquilting 02-18-2011 02:23 PM

We are Nini and Papa. Years ago I woend a bridal shop and met many people. This woman came in and I noticed her address. I said, you live across the street form my Aunt Dinah she said no one by that name there. so I explained where she lived again. She said." Oh no thats Memere." I said she has 3 of her kids live side by side of her becasue they gave all 3 lots to build their home on but her name is Dinah. Memere is the french word for gandmother.
The poor woman was so imbaressed,She said I have been calling her Memere for years. I must appologize. I reassure her my aunt Dinah was a very sweet lady and probably felt honored that she was so comfortable with her calling her that. I never heard back.

wildyard 02-18-2011 02:25 PM

My daughter's kids call me Nana, and my son's kids call me Grammy Linda.

decky 02-18-2011 02:51 PM

My one grandson calls me grandpa D and calls my husband grandpa, all the other grandkids call us grandma and grandpa. I have a nephew that calls me uncle Pat and my husband is auntie Dale

MerryQuilter 02-18-2011 03:18 PM

Gram Grams

MerryQuilter 02-18-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by I wonder
We are Gramey and Grandpa to all five of our grandchildren. I also might add having grandchildren is just the best thing ever!

True that!

Quilt-Writer 02-18-2011 03:27 PM

We're Mimi and Pepop to our oldest grand daughter. When the next one arrived he could say Mimi without problems but Pepop became BopBop and so it remains.