Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What to eat? and when? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-eat-when-t281217.html)

bearisgray 08-10-2016 06:59 AM

What to eat? and when?

I can eat almost anything almost any time.

I have no problem eating oatmeal in the evening (for supper) or pizza in the morning (for breakfast).

DH, however, (for examples) thinks that oatmeal is only appropriate in the morning, and pizza after 11:30 am.

Do you think that certain foods are only appropriate at certain times of the day?

Sandygirl 08-10-2016 07:06 AM

Beer...is not just for breakfast anymore!

Sorry...I saw this on a shirt once and I thought it was hilarious!

I have had ice cream for breakfast so, no, eat what you want when you want. Life is to short to micro-manage food choices and timing of such. I like "breakfast" for dinner sometimes!
sandy

ManiacQuilter2 08-10-2016 07:25 AM

I too eat leftover pizza for breakfast but don't tell the grandchildren! :)

Onebyone 08-10-2016 07:27 AM

I eat only when I get hungry and whatever I want at the time. DH likes a set time for each meal so he eats at those times. I don't think he cares what food is what meal, he as long as it tastes good. My grandson age 4 is with me today and we had ziti noodles with cut up tomatoes, basil and grated cheese for breakfast. He ate a plate full.

Jane Quilter 08-10-2016 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 7623866)
Beer...is not just for breakfast anymore!

Sorry...I saw this on a shirt once and I thought it was hilarious!

I have had ice cream for breakfast so, no, eat what you want when you want. Life is to short to micro-manage food choices and timing of such. I like "breakfast" for dinner sometimes!
sandy

Ditto.....Life is too short

SHELTIE'SMAMA 08-10-2016 07:31 AM

If it is quick to make or already ready I eat just about anything, any time. Probably veggies seem noon on to me as do dinners that I make in multiples. Otherwise everything is fair game even pizza any time of day/night.

Tartan 08-10-2016 07:44 AM

​I have no problem eating breakfast for supper or supper for breakfast but I do have to eat supper early now. Anything after 6:00 pm is going to give me trouble for bedtime with acid reflux.

SewingSew 08-10-2016 07:52 AM

I rarely bought sugary cereal when the kids were growing up, but when I did, we would have it for dinner and they would get to choose. It was a special event. I also used to have what we called backwards desert. On their birthday, they got to have ice cream before breakfast. And afterwards they got to go on a shopping spree to ToysRUs. They both have fond memories of this. In answer to your question, I eat what I want, when I want.

notmorecraft 08-10-2016 09:08 AM

My tummy does not assign foods to time of day, I can eat anything anytime ��

dunster 08-10-2016 09:14 AM

I never cared for traditional egg breakfasts and was allergic to milk, so I would have many different things for breakfast - ice cream, tuna sandwich, chicken noodle soup, cold pizza, to name a few.