Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What gets off soap scum and hard water off shower? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-gets-off-soap-scum-hard-water-off-shower-t67586.html)

diogirl 09-30-2010 10:54 AM

I have tried just about every brand in the supermarket that requires next to no scrubbing but even the scrubbing bubbles that say no scrubbing, I still have to scrub.. Is there an actual product out there that you spray it on, let it sit and you can either rinse or wipe away?? So tired of all the scrubbing i'm doing even with cleaner. :-(

finch 09-30-2010 10:58 AM

Dynamite!!!

shequilts 09-30-2010 10:58 AM

I use my own mixture: Soft Scrub and Elbow Grease. 'Works everytime!

Grammy o'5 09-30-2010 11:07 AM

I use Kaboom Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner with a green Scotch scratchy pad. You don't have to scrub hard, just a little pressure! Then rinse.

littleone 09-30-2010 11:10 AM

Here in Edmonton we have really hard water, the best thing found..good old plain white vinegar. Spray it on leave it a few min. and wipe off; We even have to soak the shower head in vinegar due to the buildup from the hard water.

amma 09-30-2010 11:10 AM

My BFF's mom has extremely hard water and a lot of iron in it as well. We got her tub/enclosure all clean, and then gave it a good dose of Marine paste wax. It helps to repel the iron and hard water scale. Makes cleaning with regular/more gentle bathroom cleaners easier too. We re wax it every couple of months, which is still easier than all of the scrubbing we used to have to do.
We did place one of the rubber mats in the bottom of the tub with suction cups on the bottom to keep her from slipping/falling :D:D:D

clem55 09-30-2010 11:21 AM

I also used Soft Scrub with success, but the thing that helps with the elbow grease part is good old(use new) nylon net. That net is the best stuff ever for cleaning spots on the floor , tub and shower. I use it all the time in the bathroom, by yards of it and when the stiffness is gone, AI get anoither big wad. Try it, you will love it. Oh, the vineagar works too.

redkimba 09-30-2010 11:25 AM

I'm going to echo littleone's recommendation: plain white vinegar. I use it to soak my shower head. We have hard water here & it builds up on everything.

Quiltforme 09-30-2010 11:30 AM

Mr clean erasers. Use them all the time they work so well!!! very inexpensive and little effort no chemical stink or residue on your hands!

LovinMySoldier 09-30-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Mr clean erasers. Use them all the time they work so well!!! very inexpensive and little effort no chemical stink or residue on your hands!

This stuff is absolutely amazing. I love it. It works very very well. And very little effort. Took stuff off of my white stove that all the other cleaners wouldnt get off. I love it. I use it now all the time. Looks great