Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What a great board this is! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-great-board-t199580.html)

scrapngmom 09-04-2012 03:06 PM

What a great board this is!

Today as I have read through many posts, I have been brought to tears by this board and the support it gives to those who are sick and lonely. I just wanted to say thank you for all being the great ladies (and gentlemen) that makes this board so wonderful.

JenniePenny 09-04-2012 04:51 PM

And thank you for this lovely post and for being a part of the family!

CajunQuilter2 09-04-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5491631)
And thank you for this lovely post and for being a part of the family!

Ditto for me too. And this is an awesome board

AuntieD 09-04-2012 05:00 PM

The members of this board are truly good people. I'm sure a lot are like myself and say prayers for those who need them even when I don't post a reply.

LynnVT 09-04-2012 05:22 PM

For me, it is also a perfect rebuttal to people who say the internet is the breakdown of human social contact. A board like this gives friendship around the world to people with a common interest, despite many differences. I love that details like nationality or color or religion or politics or gender preference are not out there unless someone chooses to reveal them. We meet on what we have in common and overcome what might, in a different circumstance, keep us apart. We touch each others' hearts by our words and our pictures. I am also glad I found this group, and grateful to those who are so kind.

valleyquiltermo 09-04-2012 05:33 PM

I have had the pleasure to be on this board and through it to see that there are some very good people on this board.
I have also been taken advantage of on this board. But for the most part, the people are very helpful and kind.
Have sent prayers out, and recieved prayers and for that I'm thankful.

diamondee 09-04-2012 05:47 PM

I agree that this is a great place, great people, talent galore, like our own little neighborhood to visit whenever we want. :thumbup:'

Jingle 09-04-2012 06:11 PM

This has alot more nice people than ones that are not so nice. The not so nice usually don't hang around for long. There are lots of people willing to share their knowledge.

Sheila_H 09-04-2012 07:19 PM

I couldn't agree more with all of the posts we've had our ups and downs with the new format but we managed to hold everyone together. I love being here over all the other boards because of all of you are what I refer to as close friends. I love the daily life talks and encouragement that everyone gives to each other something I never really found any place else. I'm happy to have all of you in my life as well even if I don't post every day I'm just as happy to sit and read/laugh/cry with you all!

MamaHen 09-06-2012 04:20 AM

This board gets my day going, it is full of help, friendship and encouragement for all.