Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What I did today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-i-did-today-t68277.html)

Ditter43 10-04-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
toilet humor

There was nothing funny about what I did today! I am tired!!!

luv-e 10-04-2010 01:57 PM

DITTER, I also used a sponge with the scrubby side to take my rough spots off.............. FYI Good Luck...............

MaryStoaks 10-04-2010 02:05 PM

Ditter, I'd just buy a bigger new medicine cabinet to cover the area, beats plastering. :oops:

MaryStoaks 10-04-2010 02:06 PM

Ditter, I'd just buy a bigger new medicine cabinet to cover the area, beats plastering. :oops: Maybe cover the area with a nice large mirror. :oops:

Ditter43 10-04-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
Ditter, I'd just buy a bigger new medicine cabinet to cover the area, beats plastering. :oops: Maybe cover the area with a nice large mirror. :oops:

The problem is where it was, not its size.... ;-)

mommaB 10-04-2010 02:11 PM

I use HOT water with vinegar, it seems to disolve the paste pretty well and its cheap. Patch big holes with drywall, if your old medicine chest was above the sink, you'll probably hang a mirror anyways, so your plasater jub doesn't have to be perfect! You should put a sealer over bare drywall, but a couple coats of paint will work. Bathrooms are my least favorite to do..too much stuff to work around and tight spaces. Good luck, have fun.

sueisallaboutquilts 10-04-2010 02:17 PM

I think you should just move to a new house.

Sorry, couldn't resist hahahaha

C.Cal Quilt Girl 10-04-2010 02:31 PM

Before painting would seal, especially in the restroom, there are some spray on items. Careful if working with areas if the paint is really old, don't want to get into the lead paint etc. When your working on the area benind the commode make sure to cover the plumbing drain hole, those sewer fumes are not good!
Checked the DIY and This old House when, worked on fixing some broken drywall corners, sure some of the other, hardware co's have resources these helped a lot and couldn't believe it worked, sure did feel good when it was done.
Good Luck on the project !! :)

Auntie M 10-04-2010 02:43 PM

Ditto C.Cal Quilt Girl - after you've got your plaster on it is best to seal it somehow (primer or something), because without it when you use your "pretty" paint it will be "sucked up" by the plaster in strange and unusual ways AMHIK -- just saying I learned my lesson.

oldhag 10-04-2010 03:13 PM

Since it is going to be in a bathroom I would primer it with Kilz as they have one that helps prevent mold and mildew from popping up on the walls. My house is 90 yrs old and the br was made out of part of the original kitchen as there wasn't running water here when they built the house. Ventilation is a problem with the bathroom so when we remodeled we used this to help prevent the mold and so far it is working. Before this we had problems every few years.