Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What keeps you from sewing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-keeps-you-sewing-t203470.html)

Pete 10-18-2012 04:55 AM

Reading is a great deterrent for me --when I get into a good book everything else is put on hold. Baking, as I am starting on my Christmas Cookies, make over 20 different kinds and freeze. But the real problem is lack of confidence in my work, as I near the end of the project I put it aside and start a new one - guess I am afraid to see the finished project. I have so many WIPs I cannot count them.

Iraxy 10-18-2012 05:22 AM

Mine too. Grants Pass, here we come! Winter home.

Originally Posted by Chicca (Post 5592563)
Right now most of my sewing room is packed and ready to move.

carolynjo 10-18-2012 05:32 AM

So many things! Housework, garden,yard work, and commitments outside the home. Then, I can't sit for more than 30 minutes, and right now, standing is not possible. I do what I can, but there is never enough time to get much done.

lillybeck 10-18-2012 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn (Post 5592372)
This kept me from quilting yesterday!

I would never go in that room again!

Nanamoms 10-18-2012 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5592402)
grandkids and home renovation

QuiltnNan, I right there with you!! ...and baseball and soccer games!!

Bobbielinks 10-18-2012 06:50 AM

These beautiful fall colors! Had a really nice rain yesterday afternoon that forced me inside from trying to get the lawn mowed and leaves blown off of it. Just sat down at the machine when the power went off and stayed off for over an hour so I had a little nap. Back outside this morning to see if I can finish the yard work, but that will be hard to do as I am afraid I will be looking up at the trees trying to take in all their beauty.

gollytwo 10-18-2012 06:56 AM

spending way too much time on the computer - here and a thousand other sites

luvstoquilt 10-18-2012 07:52 AM

Reading all the stuff on this board! I really love it but have to limit my time here!

karate lady 10-18-2012 09:18 AM

sometimes for me Life just gets in the way...sigh....

barri1 10-18-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5593489)
Shoot, that's hardly a snake...looks more like a long worm! :D
Today i was kept from sewing by:
sleeping late
setting up the machine so mom could quilt her placemats
setting the washer so Mom could do her laundry at my house
making Mom and me tacos for lunch
cleaning up the kitchen
starting another laundry load for Mom
fixing a jammed machine for Mom
answering the phone
refilling a bobbin for Mom
cutting some strips for my own project-in-progress (for the past week and a half!)
being on baby-holding duty for the neighbor who needed to walk the dogs for 20 minutes
loading Mom's antique quilt into my washer for her
loading Mom's antique quilt into the dryer for her

I plain pooped of waiting on everybody else!! And now i don't even want to sew.:(

Jan in VA

You did a lot of stuff for mom, and you seem exhausted. You will continue to do, and be happy to do so. I do a lot of stuff for mom, and I am totally grateful she is still here to ask me to do. Mom is 84, still drives, goes to the gym a couple of times a week, and I'm just thrilled
Barri