Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was the most thoughtful gift that you received? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-most-thoughtful-gift-you-received-t32330.html)

amma 12-26-2009 10:28 AM

That is awesome Jerrie!!

MadQuilter :wink::thumbup:

wvdek 12-26-2009 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Don't know what happened to my earlier post, but here goes again.

My DD spent a couple of months perusing e-bay looking for these two additional plates to add to the two I already had.

I had looked for years for them and could not find them and gave up last year.

I just love these plates. I look at them everyday and smile.

She made my day with them.

amma 12-26-2009 10:57 AM

WOW!!! Those are gorgeous plates!!! :D:D:D
I bet you were very surprised!!! I bet she spent a lot of time searching for these, too :D:D:D

Ninnie 12-26-2009 11:03 AM

Santa was very good to me this year!
But I got a coffee mug with our new grandson, Carson's picture on it!
And of course, my new sewing machine lol
And my tiny box that DH found for me.

Teacup 12-26-2009 11:04 AM

My DD made me an ironing board cover with the cutest fabric that has buttons on it. It goes great in my sewing room. She also made a matching litter bag to hang off the edge of my sewing table to place cut threads and other little bits of debris that accumulates while sewing. The top of the bag is held in place by a pin cushion. And I alo got a small woven basket made from tape measures. Adorable! It was so sweet of her!

amma 12-26-2009 11:04 AM

Awww those are very thoughtful!!! :D:D:D

amma 12-26-2009 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Santa was very good to me this year!
But I got a coffee mug with our new grandson, Carson's picture on it!
And of course, my new sewing machine lol
And my tiny box that DH found for me.

:D:D:D What a sweet way to start out your day

maryb119 12-26-2009 05:33 PM

A photo album that kids made for us and of course a gift certificate for the LQS.

mumtoliam 12-26-2009 05:38 PM

My sister got me a gift voucher for a massage - it something that I having but it is a luxury for me! I plan to use it in February just a week or two after I go back to work to relieve the stress.

barnbum 12-26-2009 06:10 PM

This is easy. I received this note from a student before school was out for Christmas. I forwarded it to the principal and told him it was my favorite gift this year and it wasn't even Christmas yet. He put a copy in my personnel file. My reply follows her note.
HI!!!!!!!!! It's Rose! I just want to say how much I appreciate your kindness and education you give me! I tell mommy about almost every day, "Mrs.Santoro is so awesome." :) You're the person that makes my day at school, and I mean every, day. Another reason why I LOVE being in your class is because you make learning so much fun! Like the other day when you were helping me with math boxes and you changed the problem into something horsey related, I understanded it much easier! :D You also said that we wouldn't be sad when we left your classroom or when we got to sixth grade. YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!! :) Trust me, I am going to greive in my bed after the last day of school!! I am not sure how to thank you! This is all I can do to thank you, unless you come up with something! This isn't just to get good grades :p this is for real.

Rose, Rose, Rose... what a beautiful gift you just gave me...a gift of writing that touched my heart. Teaching brings me great joy and having you in my classroom just adds to that joy. Your hard work shows me how much you appreciate the classroom atmosphere. Making learning fun is part of my job! Your mom does that for her students, too. My nephew told me. ;-) I learn easier when what I need to understand is related to something I'm familiar with, so I know it will work for my students. And relating everything to HORSES is SO easy! ;-)

You, dear one, will never need to be sad, for once we move on from our student-teacher relationship, we become good friends. I will always be just an email away, and I suspect we'll be having visits in some barns, too. Remember, once school is out we have the fair to look forward to...and we can make plans to see each other and chat with emails for years after that. We'll meet for ice cream! So--no worries. And, it's only December... we have months of smiles and learning ahead of us. Yay!

Rose--thanks so much for your words. Gifts of writing are my favorite gifts of all.
HUGS to you!
Mrs. S