Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-most-unusual-gift-you-have-ever-gotten-given-t169215.html)

NikkiLu 11-21-2011 06:04 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!

One year I gave my brother-in-law a remote control "fart" machine. He is a policeman/detective and said he took it to work and used it for years and said it was the best present he ever got. His is a practical joker in real life!

donnalynett 11-21-2011 08:11 AM

One of my closest friends got me a size "long" bra.

kuseta 11-21-2011 09:55 AM

I've gotten car parts in the past from my husband. My friends felt sorry for me, until I said that I had asked for them. then they made fun of me!

LenaBeena 11-21-2011 10:02 AM

Years ago our school had a Christmas gift exchange between teachers. My gift was a pair of small little girl socks. The teacher told me her daughter has picked them out. I gave them back to her for her daughter to wear since I certainly could not. Everyone else received gifts for adult teachers. Guess something got lost in translation, but the little girl was happy.

ptquilts 11-21-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron (Post 4704159)
One birthday DH got me a pick-up load of well-aged horse manure. And I loved it.

I can relate to this!!!!

jayelee 11-21-2011 11:06 AM

Cant remember any really unusual gifts I have recieved but would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyways

Mad Mimm 11-21-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by lynnegreen (Post 4703952)
My ex-husband gave me a toilet paper roll holder one year (the kind that you can stack a few rolls on that sits on the floor). Another year he gave me a bright, and I mean bright, orange puffy jacket - we live in Los Angeles, first we don't need puffy coats and second I looked like a Cal Trans (the fellas that work on the freeways) worker. Did I mention he is an ex????????

LOL I am thinkin' I have an idea why he is an ex!!

The very first gift my husband ever gave me was for my birthday and it was... bananas and tube socks. Each sock had a banana stuffed inside it and they were in a beautiful box with a riddle he had written on the top of the box. He would not let me open it until I guessed, which I really didn't want to do because I felt like an idiot that all I could think of was "socks and bananas!" Turns out, I was right. It was the most creative, thoughtful gift I'd even been given.

On the giving end, I once gave a man an entire jar of jalapenos (like a huge 5lb jar) with a note containing a wild tale of gypsies who deliver bewitched items. It was left on his doorstep and not signed. He loved it, displayed it proudly on his fireplace mantle. He of course knew as soon as he saw it that it came from me. Go figure.

Rosie the "Ripper" 11-21-2011 11:42 AM

Many years ago, when my old high school friends and their husbands got together for the holidays and exchanged gag gifts, I crocheted some "Peter warmers" for the guys and decorated them with little holly leaves and berries. My husband was a little embarrassed since I didn't tell him about them before the guys opened them up.

Sew N Tune 11-21-2011 01:25 PM

One of my best friends sent me a male dancer, at work, when I turned 40. The whole office loved that one. Oh, we had cake and ice cream too.

Just Fabric 11-22-2011 05:26 AM

I used to make those peter warmers too, for some church members, LOL