Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What a night. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-night-t54650.html)

littlehud 07-15-2010 11:42 AM

We are camping this week. Rented a fifth wheel at the camp site. Yesterday was the hottest day we have had this summer. The poor air conditioner worked overtime. We kept blowing fuses. At seven in the evening DGD and I went to swim. It was a little overcast. I didn't even get completely in the pool when the wind came up. It blew the pool funiture in the pool and we ran to the camp store. It was like we were being sand blasted and all the signs and such were blowing away. We made a run to the camper and that's when the skies opened up. It poured. The winds were between 55 and 65 miles and hour. That camper was rocking. After an hour of horrible rain and wind the power went out. The storm finally passed and the sun was out again. I went onto the deck and there was the most beautiful double rainbow. So pretty. The power didn't come back on til two PM today. Oh well, we went shopping and stayed in the cool outlet mall. What a night. I won't forget this vacation. Let's hope the rest of it is better.

erstan947 07-15-2010 11:45 AM

Win some lose some and a few get rained out! Happy you and yours are ok.

KathyAire 07-15-2010 11:53 AM

Praise God for His rainbow. I'm sure it is so hot right now. After that summer rain is the humidity. I would rather 115 degrees of dry heat than 85 with humidity.
Hope the rest of your camping is more enjoyable.

QKO 07-15-2010 11:57 AM

We could use some of that rain. Currently 96F and 16% humidity outside (it's a dry heat.) :mrgreen: Can't wait to see my electric bill next month. OTOH, yes, I can wait... :shock:

Just think though, now you and the family have an adventure to talk about, and the granddaughter will have a story to tell her grandkids someday. :thumbup:

sharon b 07-15-2010 12:02 PM

Glad you all are safe ! Hope the rest is less eventful :thumbup:

Pam 07-15-2010 12:21 PM

Aww, an adventure!!! That is what you had! Look at how entertaining it is already, and I am sure tales of last nite will grow and flourish over the years, what fun! You can all sit around the campfire tonight and each taking turns embellishing the tale, start a new family tradition.

pab58 07-15-2010 01:37 PM

WOW!! You went from staying in a nice homey 5th wheel to really roughing it!!! :wink: Glad everything is okay! It's not pleasant thing to be in a camper when a storm comes up! :shock:

amma 07-15-2010 03:30 PM

I hope that the rest of your vacation is less eventful :D:D:D

CarrieAnne 07-15-2010 03:44 PM

I hope so too!!!!!

trupeach1 07-15-2010 03:49 PM

Neighbors of mine years ago went camping all the time. They never went far maybe a 2 hr drive from our home. Wheneven we saw them getting ready and packing we knew we were in for rain even if it wasn't forcasted. Sure enough if the Bartons went camping we had rain. They never went on a camping trip that it didn't rain, no matter what time of the year it was.