Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Non Slip Product Do You Use In Your Bathtub (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-non-slip-product-do-you-use-your-bathtub-t41296.html)

marsye 03-31-2010 06:26 AM

What do you use?? I have tried the strips and shapes you stick on and they come off no matter how well i clean and dry before I put them in place.....and the rubber mats slide when your standing on them and they get moldy underneath real fast. What else is there?

raptureready 03-31-2010 06:41 AM

I just put a couple of wash cloths or a hand towel down each time I take a shower. Then just take them up and wring them out. If I'm getting down in the tub so that I can turn the jets on I don't use anything-----my behind is good at keeping me firmly planted.

Maride 03-31-2010 06:57 AM

I have a rubber mat with sucction cups and hang it up to dry after each use. Being a couple of years with no mold.t

DebraK 03-31-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
I have a rubber mat with sucction cups and hang it up to dry after each use. Being a couple of years with no mold.t

ditto

purplemem 03-31-2010 10:37 AM

I have a rubber mat, also, but mine has little "grass blades" coming out of it for texture, these "blades" massage my feet while I shower. It has suction cups for the bottom. Each week I take it out and wash it in my washing machine with bleach and hot water, then hang over the bathtub to dry. I'm sure I got it at Walmart...

My doctor is very pleased because all those blades really give my feet a good cleaning and help with circulation (a serious problem of mine). I've had this mat a year and there seems no wear or anything. It is also antimicrobial, so I've never seen mold.

dakotamaid 03-31-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Maride

Ditto!

marsye 03-31-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I have a rubber mat, also, but mine has little "grass blades" coming out of it for texture, these "blades" massage my feet while I shower. It has suction cups for the bottom. Each week I take it out and wash it in my washing machine with bleach and hot water, then hang over the bathtub to dry. I'm sure I got it at Walmart...

My doctor is very pleased because all those blades really give my feet a good cleaning and help with circulation (a serious problem of mine). I've had this mat a year and there seems no wear or anything. It is also antimicrobial, so I've never seen mold.

Just ordered me one of those grassy thingys. Hope I don't have to mow it. :lol:

amma 03-31-2010 06:09 PM

I use one of the no slip rolls of shelving liner, that you use in cupboards... I shake it off and lay it over the tub after using. They dry out quickly, never mold, are inexpensive and they clean up nicely.

cabinqltr 04-01-2010 02:49 AM

We have the suction cup mat also, lift after each use to let dry. They last a long time. When we travel I take a piece of shelf liner along as tubs and showers at motels always seem slippery to me, shelf liner really works well is easy to drain and is dry by morning ready to go on our next day's journey.