Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was pattern of your 1st Quilt and did you keep it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-pattern-your-1st-quilt-did-you-keep-t154715.html)

QM 03-07-2012 09:18 PM

My first was a 9 patch. I still have it. One of these days I may bind it....or maybe not.

sewbeadit 03-08-2012 04:21 AM

Trip around the world. I kept it. It is gone now though.

himnherr 03-08-2012 04:44 AM

Mine was just a couple of years ago. It's a simple framed 9 patch that I got off of about.com. I kept it. It's on my bed and I love it! I look at it every night with pride. :-)

lenette 03-08-2012 07:01 AM

Not a traditional 'pieced' quilt, but, I found a pattern at a fabric store for a reversible puff quilt that I wanted for my bed. I used mostly scraps and made each puff square the same on both sides. I combined cottons, cotton/poly, no wale corduroy, and a velvet. The squares were joined together with a zig zag stitch. I used it forever and we all loved it. As some squares wore out, I made it twin size for my son and replaced the worn squares with ones that were still good. It's in my closet now, 36 years later! Maybe I should give it to my son! Wow! Memories this board brings to mind!!!

CMARAS1234 09-13-2015 08:14 PM

A delectable sawtooth ,shades of blue and I name it mist in the mountains. I have it,I love it and would never part with it. it is on an old rocking chair .for a extra bed quilt, in my guest room.I still get comments on it.it was queen size,
I saw some quilts in Gatlinburg Tenn, and they wanted 400.00 for it. I said I would never pay that much for a quilt .that was in the 7o"s so I bought a Kit and made it and hand quilted it, almost took a year to finish, would not take dble that now for it. Brought back memories ,when you ask this questions. CMARAS1234 PS I live in Fl so it doesnt get much use. hehe

PABerard 09-14-2015 02:40 AM

My first is my avatar. I belonged to a block swap group at Nitasplace.com embroidery site. I flew to the coordinator's house for a long weekend while she taught me how to put it together, and every trick she could in 3 days. Yes, I kept it. She has since passed away, but it will always hold great memories of Dot and learning so much from her.

pennycandy 09-14-2015 02:48 AM

A log cabin made with poly/cotton blend calicos. Made it in the early 80's with paper bag templates and hand cut with scissors. It turned out a bit big for dh's and my bed. I'm not sure if my math calculation or seams were a bit off, maybe a combination of the two. I used it until the some of the seams frayed beyond repair. Tossed the quilt but I still have some scraps of leftover fabrics.

zennia 09-14-2015 04:21 AM

My first quilt started out to be placemats but I was having so much fun I kept making the blocks until I had enough for a quilt. It was churn dash block from an old learn to quilt book. It was 12 different blocks and I fell in love with it.
my daughter took the quilt to her summer cottage and left it over winter. The mice made a home in it so it is just a memory now,

donnajean 09-14-2015 04:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was my 1st quilt back in 1996

lynnie 09-14-2015 08:20 AM

when I was 7, I started a yo yo quilt