Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What a pleasant Saturday with friends and family (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-pleasant-saturday-friends-family-t220168.html)

petthefabric 04-27-2013 09:32 PM

What a pleasant Saturday with friends and family

Today was to be the family celebration of my birthday-love being queen for a day, or as long as I can stretch it. So (because I've wanted it done for months and this was his gift for my BD) last night DH & I shampood carpet in great room. Overnight it dried. Today I vacumned it and we put all the furniture back. Arranged room for my BD dinner. I cut flowers for the table-roses smelled great. Then friends and family started arriving. We laughed over our hand work for about 3 hours(I was tying and cutting threads from quilting). DH & DD fixed dinner. Very enjoyable dinner and conversation. All have gone home & I'm just about ready for bed. Great day

Anniedeb 04-27-2013 09:46 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! You'll have great memories!

earthwalker 04-27-2013 10:31 PM

Glad you had a happy birthday doing what pleased you. I really do "get it" about being thrilled about what other people may not. I am "celebrating" my husband repairing our woodburning stove in the winter living room. Now I can clean the smoke/sooty stained walls and ceiling and repaint before winter sets in. May your roses continue to bloom and smell sweet...and may you have many more "happy birthdays" with your family and friends.

Painiacs 04-27-2013 10:43 PM

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Sounds like a lot of us as we get older our focus changes on whats important! I cant wait until weather is warm enough to shampoo carpets! Likd i tell my kids- no gifts! I want the gift of your time and presence! If you bring or buy dinner thats even better!!:-)

Painiacs 04-27-2013 10:44 PM

Oh iforgot to add happy birthday!!! Many more!!!

quiltinghere 04-28-2013 05:14 AM

Awwww! that's sweet!

Happy Birthday!

Nan

Nammie to 7 04-28-2013 07:08 PM

Happy Birthday - it is nice that you were able to do what you wanted rather than having to do what others may think you should do! Little things in life are the important things.

tessagin 04-29-2013 06:03 AM

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you worked hard for your birthday! You should've been Queen for a Day! Don't know if you're close to my age but does anyone remember the show "QUEEN FOR A DAY"?

Iraxy 04-29-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs (Post 6030560)
Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Sounds like a lot of us as we get older our focus changes on whats important! I cant wait until weather is warm enough to shampoo carpets! Likd i tell my kids- no gifts! I want the gift of your time and presence! If you bring or buy dinner thats even better!!:-)

Doing what you love with those you love is the best way to celebrate a birthday! Happy birthday to you and many, many more.

IBQUILTIN 04-29-2013 10:06 AM

Now you have done the carpet so Denai and Sherry and Daisy can play in there and smell all the good smells and chase the cats as soon as they come out. I was at that dinner and it was WONDERFUL