Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What would you do??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t192411.html)

nancyw 06-23-2012 08:17 PM

I've gotten DVD's from Fons and Porter but I think they were part of my signing up for Quilt Club of America.

coopah 06-24-2012 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dodie (Post 5310233)
I have not renewed any magaazines so many of them are the same old stuff to much advertising and Fons and Porter started putiing a clothes catalog in the center of theirs and didn't want that either if I see a magazine with something
different I will just pick it up at the store and Joanns has 10% off on thiers and there is plenty of patterns on the internet

I've started using the 40% coupon at JoAnn's to buy a magazine, if it has something in it that I want. Hobby Lobby allows the 40% coupon off on magazines, too. Win-win!

Gabrielle's Mimi 06-24-2012 11:45 AM

Is there anyone out there who has contacts with F&P? I think they need to hear this! I don't believe that those 2 women necessarily know what marketing strategies are being used, but since their names are on the magazine, they need to be aware of what is happening to their image. I, too, have let my many magazine subscriptions lapse because of the constant barrage to renew, even when the subscription has just BEEN renewed!

Caswews 06-24-2012 01:08 PM

I got one of those too .. and I am not paying for it . .as far as the subscription- its not what I thought it would be for sure .. so when my subscription is up, I am not gonna renew for them .. maybe McCall's or one of the other quilt mags.

cathyvv 06-24-2012 01:30 PM

isI ignored it. When a bill came, I sent the bill back with a note that I did not order what they billed me for. That seemed to be the end of it.

this is a "legal" scam and I want nothing to do with the perps.

Iraxy 06-25-2012 06:44 PM

For a couple of months I kept receiving what looked like a bill for a magazine I do not receive and had never ordered. My DH was going to pay it when I looked closely at the "bill" when I read that it was not a bill, just wanting to know if I wanted to order that particular magazine. Now I just toss it in the trash without even opening it. Arrrgh!@#!

romanojg 06-26-2012 06:11 AM

I had this happen to me once. I called the PO to verify that I didn't have to return the item then wrote the company a letter and let them know my conversation with the PO. I didn't return the item and never heard from them again. I get tired of companies thinking they can just send you things and then make you pay for them; most people will end up paying instead of sending it back.

BellaBoo 06-26-2012 10:17 AM

Fons and Porter sold their magazine and product line to a company much like the one that bought out Reader's Digest which specializes in mass marketing and glutting the mailbox with promotions. Just accept the free gift and enjoy it. The company is making a lot of profit on the marketing or it wouldn't be mailing the dvds to thousands at a time.

mountain deb 06-27-2012 04:40 AM

Thanks for letting us know. This has not happened to me.

NanaCsews2 07-31-2012 07:34 PM

I just received my first 'free' DVD in the mail today that I did not order, nor expect to keep. No, I definitely will not be shipping it back. Trash day is Thursday. It is Secrets for Success Sewing DVD Collection, by National Sewing Circle. All the secrets I need I can get on here. This is $12.95 if I keep it. Further shipments of the collection are at regular price. I don't think all these DVD's going out are going to save the Post Offices from closing.