Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   what would you do????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t91634.html)

IrishNY 01-18-2011 04:45 PM

I would have done the same thing as you - driven on to get cell coverage, called for help and gone back to wait for the help to arrive in the safety of my car.

Think about what advice you would have given your daughter or a friend in the same situation - and then don't feel guilty for doing the same thing.

dungeonquilts 01-18-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Everyone is different and every situation requires different reactions. I was a volunteer FF so I would have stopped to assess the situation as best I could and gone on from there.
You did what was right for YOU and you should not feel guilty about that.
Hugs
April

I was not a FF but First Responder and you did the correct moves (do not feel quilty. Hugs to you for what you did to help out

leatheflea 01-19-2011 04:26 AM

You did the right thing, you had to make the call on the phone 4 help, the only way to do that was to get service. I would have done the same thing.

stitchinwitch 01-19-2011 04:36 AM

oh DEFINITELY - you did the right thing- have you heard any more about the person?

TN Donna 01-19-2011 04:55 AM

You did the safe thing. I would have done the same.

sandpat 01-19-2011 06:06 AM

Its pitiful that we live in a world where you have to even think about whether what you did was right or wrong! You did exactly the right thing by the way, but isn't it sad that we have to consider our own safety first in a situation like that. You want to help (and you did!)...but...

Stitchalong 01-19-2011 06:32 AM

I think you did the right thing. You got help by continuing on until you had cell service and could call 911. What a blessing these cell phones are.

starshine 01-19-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
Last night at 830 pm while driving home on a 20 mile long remote road deep in woods, I saw a car that'd to veer hard to miss something & put the car in a deep snow bank. I was too terrified to stop to look to see if someone was hurt, I did slow down and rolled down my window to look and listen, but I was terrified so instead of stopping and getting out, I drove on for 10 miles to get cell coverage to call 911. What would you've done? No cell coverage, alone, dark, and in the middle of dense woods.

I think I would have done just what you did, drive to a place I could call and call 911 and report where the problem was.

crt 01-19-2011 06:36 AM

There are people out there that prey on others. I know it turned out that it wasn't someone like that, but it COULD have been. You absolutely did the right thing.

jeannie t 01-19-2011 06:46 AM

I live on a lonely country road I would have done what you did . our world is a little crazy with crazies to take a chance.