Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What are you Thankful for ....Giving Thanks this Thanksgiving (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-you-thankful-giving-thanks-thanksgiving-t206621.html)

susansomethings 11-21-2012 12:02 PM

What are you Thankful for ....Giving Thanks this Thanksgiving

I just thought this would be a nice thread for us to state some of the things we are Giving Thanks for, Here's just a short list for me...as I have so much to be Thankful for:

That the Lord loves me & saved me by his Grace.
That although my husband is on dialysis, he is strong & doing well, his Love for me.
My children, although they are grown are still young in my heart
My home & all of it contents.
The Lord has been so good to me and yes I give Him the Glory for all I have spiritual & physical.

momto5 11-21-2012 03:30 PM

This too, is just a a short list for me:
Thank You....
That I live a Christ-centered life; that I have children, grand-children and great-grand-children; that I have many friends; that I have the capability to love and be loved, and the ability to serve where He sends me; and that He has seen fit to improve my health so I MAY serve Him. He has helped me in innumerable ways and has seen that I have the means to do what He has directed.
And last, but certainly not least, thanks to Him for this beautiful, bountiful country we live in!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!

grammydar 11-21-2012 03:47 PM

So many things to be Thankful for. But mostly that I know deep down that I can trust my Lord with my everything. Thats the only way I can make it some days.

Pam B 11-21-2012 05:47 PM

I am thankful for all the blessings God has bestowed upon my family this year.

EllieGirl 11-21-2012 05:56 PM

I am thankful for everything in my life. I've gone through trials & tribulations like everyone else. I've had some health problems but I'm still alive and kicking. I can always find someone with a worse situation. I know God is in control of my life so I have nothing to fear.

ging10ging 11-21-2012 06:50 PM

I am so grateful for all the things in my life and that the Lord walks beside me daily and helped me find a surgeon that knew enough to be able to correct a surg I had 14 yrs ago that was one wrong and left me unable to walk very much mostly around the house and work and now this new surg done is already helping my foot feel better than in a very long time. I get nervous thinking it won't get better the rest of the way but I have faith. I am now in the PT after the surg and have to work on it at home also to help it get better. I thank God for the family I'm lucky enough to have especially my DH since he had to take care of me all those wks I had to stay off my foot. He was doing everything in the house, some cooking, and take care of me so I have a lot to be grateful for all the time. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone hope you all have a great day. Sue

Joset 11-22-2012 05:05 AM

i am thankful for so many things. expecially my family who right now
are happy and healthy. the Lord guides me every day.

nygal 11-22-2012 05:37 AM

I am thankful for Christ sacrifice on the cross for my sins. I am thankful for my loving family especially my wonderful husband. I tell him he is my greatest earthly blessing after the Holy Spirit!!

SouthPStitches 11-22-2012 06:14 AM

I am thankful for my happy life, good health, wonderful husband, extended family and good friends. I am extremely grateful for the gift of time I was given this year when I retired. I wake up every morning remembering how lucky I am to have the entire day ahead of me, blissfully stress-free. I have been blessed in so many ways and this truly is the best time of my life.

lavenderfire 11-22-2012 06:26 AM

I am thankful for god giving me this day. Also my new great grandson Dylan Michael is coming home today. He was born Monday night. Off to a rough start but doing great now. God blesses us all