Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your favorite sandwich? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-sandwich-t101812.html)

Lostn51 02-21-2011 09:27 PM

Here in the South BBQ is the sandwich of choice, but you can get Fried Pork Chop sandwich (bone in), Fish sandwich (using Buffalo fish which is real bony), and Fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches.

Billy

Rhonda 02-21-2011 10:30 PM

My DHs favorite is a tenderloin. We have plate size pork tenderloins that are pounded thin and then breaded. and then deep fried and served on a large hamburger bun. The tenderloin is usually twice the size of the bun. I have been told it is a delicacy only found in Central to SE Iowa and northern Mo. Some places serve nearly paper thin tenderloins and some(the best ones) are more of a 1/2" thick or so. He is more of a mustard man than ketchup and he loves dill pickles. So he usually gets everything on his tenderloin mustard ketchup dill pickles(some places serve bread and butter pickles instead of dill) onion slices lettuce and tomatoe.

M.I.Late 02-21-2011 10:39 PM

My own recipe: Pirogs

Broil halved pistolette.
Saute chopped Onion, Chicken, shrimp and artichoke hearts
add roasted garlic primavera sauce. Scoup onto grilled pistolette halves. Top with mozarella cheese (don't scimp)
Broil again till cheese gets brown spots and melts.
(Can also be served on bagel crisps or crackers or lettuce as appetizer).

Oh Ya!

M.I.Late 02-21-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My DHs favorite is a tenderloin. We have plate size pork tenderloins that are pounded thin and then breaded. and then deep fried and served on a large hamburger bun. The tenderloin is usually twice the size of the bun. I have been told it is a delicacy only found in Central to SE Iowa and northern Mo. Some places serve nearly paper thin tenderloins and some(the best ones) are more of a 1/2" thick or so. He is more of a mustard man than ketchup and he loves dill pickles. So he usually gets everything on his tenderloin mustard ketchup dill pickles(some places serve bread and butter pickles instead of dill) onion slices lettuce and tomatoe.

I haven't had Pork Tenderloin since I was younger when grandma would bring them on the plane from Des Moines in her suitcase to California. Pork Tenderloin is the best and I haven't seen it anywhere but DesMoines. It's been 20 years since I've tasted a pork tenderloin. OMG!!!!

Beth33 02-21-2011 10:54 PM

Ordinarily it would be a tuna melt - tuna salad and white cheese on white bread then grilled so cheese melts. For some reason lately can't get enough ham and swiss.

Chasing Hawk 02-21-2011 10:55 PM

bologna and cheese
turkey and cranberry sauce
grilled cheese
chicken and avocado

stitchinwitch 02-22-2011 03:53 AM

seedless soft rye bread, butter (not margerine) and swiss cheese.......with a glass of butermilk.

pkary 02-22-2011 05:23 AM

The BLT's my DH makes! Lots of mayo and just the right amount of salt and pepper added!

His Turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce, stuffing, and lettuce runs a close second!

Chay 02-22-2011 05:45 AM

Hands down, BLT.

Joan Gaddis 02-22-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by NancyG
Reuben....I never make them but always order when I go out for lunch. Yum, yum.

mine,too. i do make them and they are delicious!!!!!!!