Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your favorite sheet brand? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-sheet-brand-t313996.html)

Onebyone 01-26-2021 11:07 AM

What is your favorite sheet brand?

Some years ago I spent the night at a friends house and loved the sheets she had on the bed. They were so soft. She said she ordered them and gave me the phone number. I ordered a set and now all these years later having them on the bed every day and washed once a week they still look fine and soft as ever. I thought I should order another set to have for when these do get in bad shape. Of course I ordered the same brand. What type do you like?

Julienm1 01-26-2021 11:14 AM

We buy t-shirt or jersey sheets at Walmart. So soft and stretchy. Wash/dry like a dream.

wishfulthinking 01-26-2021 12:50 PM

I really need new sheets! Looking forward to hearing recommendations. Haven't tried jersey sheets yet, just cotton. Onebyone, which brand are you so happy with?

QuiltE 01-26-2021 03:44 PM

I've always gone for all-cotton. Love the crisp, fresh feel of them.
I usually use two sets in rotation.

Last year, I wanted another set, as one set was looking bedragged.
Saw some bamboo ones. Totally hesitated, as I really didn't know about them.
But the price was right, and I had heard great things about bamboo.
As the saying goes ..... paid my $, and took my chances!

Now ...... I don't like my cotton sheets! Go figure, eh? :D
Except I don't care for the bamboo pillow cases.
Good thing I have a stash, as I could pick some pretty fabric for new cases.

I have purchased another set of the bamboo sheets, to be right and ready!!!
Didn't want to wait til the price went up-up-up!!!
(For anyone here in Ontario .... go to Len's!)

Onebyone 01-26-2021 04:17 PM

I bought the Giza cotton sheets from My Pillow. They are so nice.

When I placed the order they were 50% off. Check the website and see if the offer is still good.

sewingsuz 01-26-2021 05:07 PM

I ordered from Macy's and they were on sale and very nice.

ctrysass2012 01-26-2021 08:04 PM

I went to BB&B & purchased Wamsutta because I need queen fitted & king flat. 1st time purchasing these & I love them. Need deep pockets on the fitted plus there are tags to remind me of side or top. When they are on sale I'll get more.

toverly 01-27-2021 02:48 AM

I love the Sleep Number sheets. We purchased a set when we purchased a new bed a few years ago. They have extra strong elastic at the corners so the fitted part never comes off the bed.

SusieQOH 01-27-2021 04:21 AM

I bought some from Boll and Branch and absolutely love them. Not cheap but well worth it.

Remember when everyone was making pillowcases? I made a bunch for me and others in my family but I didn't like the way they felt so I donated mine. I used high quality cotton but there must be a big difference, not sure. They were fun to make and certainly attractive but I didn't like using them.

sahansen44 01-27-2021 04:29 AM

I buy from Macy's too - their Hotel brand. The are very soft and silky feeling.