Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your favorite type/subject of postings? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-type-subject-postings-t160955.html)

charity-crafter 10-17-2011 04:59 AM

My favorite is tutorials and photos, especially simple scrappy ideas that I haven't seen or thought of.

grannypat7925 10-17-2011 07:37 AM

I just love searching the 'board' every day to see what is there!

jeannie t 10-17-2011 07:46 AM

I wander through all the topics love them all .

joyce blint 10-17-2011 08:41 AM

The "For Sale" ones, so I can make myself miserable trying to fight off the urge to buy! LOL
Also enjoy the "lucky find" entries.
And furballs, and humor.

sewn3w 10-17-2011 08:50 AM

My favorite posts are not on a subject, they are the ones that encourage others with a good job done, or yea-you can do it message.
Or maybe the ones where tecniques are shared.
Well, maybe the posts sharing how to save $$?
Hmmmmm

aronel 10-17-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Margie
Although I love all the hints about quilting and pictures of what people make, I get so excited about the topics that show wonderful "finds" at garage sales, thrift shops, craigs list etc. Maybe because I love to shop at all those places. I get so excited when someone finds a new machine for $10, or a bunch of nice fabric for $3, or something they need or have been looking for.

What are your favorite posts about??

I agree with you and all the vintage machines everyone has. Recipes and tutorials. I guess there isn't anything about this site that I don't love.

annthreecats 10-17-2011 09:17 AM

I like to read about sewing machines. It's all about the sewing machine for me. I can hand sew but I love using my machine. So fast and fun.

Margie 10-17-2011 09:50 AM

I am happy to see so many responses to this post lol. I agree I love all the subjects/posts on this site. The quilting tips have really helped me(a novice quilter), love the pictures, recipes, encouragment...love it all. However, as I said, I just get soooo excited at seeing what treasures people are able to find at the sales. It is exciting for me right now to hear what everyone else enjoys too :)

Spuddy 10-17-2011 10:48 AM

I love everything on this board. I really like garage sale and bargin finds because I LOVE garage sales and auctions.

ScoutingSquirrel 10-17-2011 10:56 AM

Ongoing project posts ... often where someone has had a difficulty and other members have helped them to overcome it ... and the swaps posts where you can see people's quilts build gradually.

But - non-quilting wise - anything that gives me an insight into an individual person/personality ... backgrounds, culture, location (and I am SO going to have to get myself a decent map of the USA!) Different families and relationships and ways of running a householh, or arranging hobbies, of supporting each other or giving each other room to grow ... I'm a sucker for 'character development' in novels and I'm the same in real life ... people stories (and I tend to include pet stories too) are what I enjoy the most!

Helen