Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is Your Favorite Way to Tease your Grandchild? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-way-tease-your-grandchild-t97226.html)

Rhonda 02-06-2011 09:00 AM

I was in the car yesterday and my DGS started saying Granmma Rhonda Grandma Rhonda over and over to get my attention. I started teasing him saying Gramma ran away! I'm not here. I'm just your imagination.

I say this alot to the grands and did it with my kids. My DGD Rachel will say That's what my mommy always says! And I say where do you think she learned it? LOL

My daughter uses the tickle monster to get the kids out of a bad mood.

so How do you tease your kids or grandkids?

bkb 02-06-2011 09:03 AM

love monster gives lots of kisses long noisy ones preferred!

Rhonda 02-06-2011 09:06 AM

My grandson Devon thinks it is hilarious when I tell them NO Kisses!! No NO NO kisses!! and they then gang up on my and smother me in kisses! Then I pretend to wipe them all off and they go into gales of laughter.
Or they squeal NO Kisses and then Gramma has to cover their faces in kisses while they try to cover up or get away!
They love it!!

Up North 02-06-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My grandson Devon thinks it is hilarious when I tell them NO Kisses!! No NO NO kisses!! and they then gang up on my and smother me in kisses! Then I pretend to wipe them all off and they go into gales of laughter.
Or they squeal NO Kisses and then Gramma has to cover their faces in kisses while they try to cover up or get away!
They love it!!

I do this to my grands they are so funny they do not want to give goodbye kisses or hugs so I hide my face and say good I don't want any slobbery kisses or bear hugs and they attack me with slobbery kisses and bear hugs that I try to fight off! They think it is hilarious!!

Izaquilter 02-06-2011 10:15 AM

Our DIL has pretty well stopped us from seeing our grand kids because of an arguement her & I had but I always tell mine "Moon & Stars" So after I hadn't saw them in over a month I bought some confetti with hearts, moon & stars in it & had DH sprinkle it all over their sidewalk & porch! There was enough confetti to do a couple of "dustings' but dh used the entire bag! So when ever I see them or talk to them all I say is "MOON & STARS" & they know what I'm talking about. I've reassured them a Grandma's & Grandpa's love is forever & ever no matter what ANYONE tells them. We will love them till the day we die. So sad what a mother can do to put a damper on your relationship with you & your grandkids.....I also have construction paper now with scrapbook stamps of the hearts, moon & stars so every holiday they are going to get hearts, moon & stars put at their bus stop since she wasn't too appreciative of it being on her property!

lalaland 02-06-2011 10:41 AM

When we would yell for our mom, she would always yell back, "she just left". That's the best I can do, I can't even get my son married off, much less think about grandkids!

Patty Patches 02-06-2011 11:21 AM

I use the tickle bug for bad moods.My DGS and I have a look that we use to tease each other.Hes such a wonderful little boy

sewwhat85 02-06-2011 11:21 AM

i too use the no kisses or hugs bit works every time

Up North 02-06-2011 11:41 AM

My son teases his niece by just pointing at her! She said one DAy "I think Uncle Scott likes me" When I asked why she said "cause he teases me!!"

quilter41 02-06-2011 11:46 AM

Get a lawyer. Grandparents have rights.

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
Our DIL has pretty well stopped us from seeing our grand kids because of an arguement her & I had but I always tell mine "Moon & Stars" So after I hadn't saw them in over a month I bought some confetti with hearts, moon & stars in it & had DH sprinkle it all over their sidewalk & porch! There was enough confetti to do a couple of "dustings' but dh used the entire bag! So when ever I see them or talk to them all I say is "MOON & STARS" & they know what I'm talking about. I've reassured them a Grandma's & Grandpa's love is forever & ever no matter what ANYONE tells them. We will love them till the day we die. So sad what a mother can do to put a damper on your relationship with you & your grandkids.....I also have construction paper now with scrapbook stamps of the hearts, moon & stars so every holiday they are going to get hearts, moon & stars put at their bus stop since she wasn't too appreciative of it being on her property!