Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

Moon Holiday 10-14-2011 05:35 AM

I started out working in real estate office, then advertising, and a second hand book store (25 years), and I am currently in my 31st year working for two newspapers (until I moved north, I was their production manager). Currently I am semi-retired and work from home doing pre-press work for the same newspapers.

MIJul 10-14-2011 05:35 AM

Church Secretary for 24 years.

lee_stitches 10-14-2011 05:36 AM

Teacher of middle through high school in business education or math.

cat-on-a-mac 10-14-2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz
I'm an Engineer. I've worked in high tech (programming) for 21 years - wow, that's scary to say :)

Finally ... I started reading all the answers, and didn't find an engineer until page 4! Me too ... software engineer ... but 33 years (EEEK!) i chose to go into semi-retirement a few years ago, and now I work only 2 days per week. THAT's when I found quilting.

Normabeth 10-14-2011 05:39 AM

My title at work is "Manager of Operations Accounting"

Val in IN 10-14-2011 05:40 AM

Too many jobs when I was younger, but a couple of the interesting ones were working on the Queen Mary in a gift shop and working with 2 friends in the wedding business. After that I was a bass player and lead singer in a country band, then a phlebotomist...still can't seem to stay away from needles :-)Now a domestic godess.

KimS 10-14-2011 05:41 AM

I worked as a Child Support Enforcement Tech until May 2009. That was when we had our motorcycle wreck. Since then I haven't been able to work but I loved my job!!

efayard 10-14-2011 05:42 AM

When I started working some 43 years ago while a senior in high school (COE) I worked for the City in their purchasing dept. Stayed there quite a while & worked my way up to a Buyer. Left there to work with the Criminal Sheriff's office (in charge of the N.O. prisons) as a Purchasing Agent. Took some time off to take care of the the 3 kids and help my husband with his auto appraisal damage business. I am now a legal secretary for the past 10 years. Looking forward to retirement in the not too distant future.

gertie 10-14-2011 05:42 AM

I am a retired dairy Farmers wife . Also worked in food service many yrs. And now a Wildtree Rep. Wildtree is a all natural food product Company, feature product being different flavors of Greapseed oils. also with lots of spices & blends, sauces, dips & breads, Wildtree in a home passed Party plan. Always looking for new reps. check out my website. www.gertiejic.mywildtree.com

GlitzyMe 10-14-2011 05:42 AM

Hair stylist for 2 years, seamstress with my own business (custom fashions, home fashions, bridals) for 25 years, medical transcriptionist for 3 years. Retired and enjoying life.