Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

Morag 10-14-2011 09:21 AM

Am an RN working with children and adults with Intelectual and developmental disabilities for over twenty years.....
Love .. love ... love what I do :):)
I feel blessed every day!

Quilter Lois 10-14-2011 09:23 AM

Started as secretary then at 34 returned to school to become an RN. Worked in surgery looooooong time then became surgery educator, training new nurses, then taught class in surgical nursing to Canadian nurses, went on to run a couple of outpatient surgery units and facilities. Hubby hurt on job and learned about Case Management and from there went on to retire as Nurse Consultant. Hubby said OMG, you get paid to give your opinion, why do you want to quit, I replied I was just so tired of it I could scream!!! So I worked long enough to pay off house and retired.
Now my job is quilting, baking sourdough bread to keep hubby happy, and having a great life!!!!! God Bless Us Each and Every One!!!

Grace MooreLinker 10-14-2011 09:25 AM

along list of what was and is, wife ,mother of 7+, 35years
engineering in electronics field, retired from Intel after 25 year. now wife and quilter, love retirement never boring..works with wildland fire fighters in the summer months. not bad for 70+yrs.

pseudoquilter 10-14-2011 09:28 AM

Registered Nurse, retired June 1st this year and loving it!

SouthPStitches 10-14-2011 09:32 AM

Burned out office manager for a general surgeon. Will be retiring 3/31/12 but who's counting (167 days). Full time love slave and dog butler. Part time quilter, knitter and biker chicklet

cbpirate 10-14-2011 09:34 AM

retired primary age teacher and now doing tax returns for a very large international tax firm.

Cagey 10-14-2011 09:36 AM

I'm an Administrative Assistant for the last 30 + years. Looking forward to my next occupation - RETIRED!

golfer 10-14-2011 09:38 AM

This is an interesting subject. Thanks for bringing it up.
I worked at Bethlehem Steel at Sparrows Point, MD for 7 years. Then became a stay-at-home mother which was the more rewarding and hardest job I have ever had. Worked part time now and then, then went back in 1984 as a secretary for Exide automotive and then Loyola College retiring in 2001 after heart surgery. I really liked office work.

In my next life, I would like to work in construction or legal work. Maybe that could be our next topic, "What we would do in our next life?"

kwiltnutt 10-14-2011 09:42 AM

I was a reg. nurse then ran a general store with my dh..........groceries, post office, gas bar, propane and liquor outlet. We sold the store last July so now we are retired.

golfer 10-14-2011 09:44 AM

Lynnie, you and "The Lion" need to compare notes about casket embroider. That was her job too.