Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

drgranny 10-15-2011 08:48 PM

I left out something in my resume that I haven't seen yet. During the years I worked on the level II main frame, our computer room was going away so by way of a warehouse job operating a small system that was responsible for printing invoices I then went on to work in the semi conductor division of the factory. I helped make those little chips that are running our computers,garage door openers, phones,cars,and just about everything else you can think of.

drgranny 10-15-2011 08:53 PM

[quote=K.P.]I worked in Human Resources for a large semiconductor manufacturing company as a stand-up trainer/material developer for 35 years.

Before that, I worked as an Engineering Technician in the manufacture of semiconductor devices, and prior to that I was a floral designer, and nurses aide.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I read 12 pages and didn't see anything about semiconductors so I went to page 47 and added semiconductors to my list. Out of 17 years I worked 2 years in multiprobe testing chips probably for the same company you worked for. Then went to page 13 and started reading again and there you were!!

sewbeadit 10-15-2011 09:52 PM

I have been a kept woman for 40 years.

Prettiptibbs 10-15-2011 09:57 PM

Medical coder

angelia4797 10-16-2011 01:00 AM

I did this for 10 yrs before I became a nurse and I loved it.

Originally Posted by Prettiptibbs
Medical coder

angelia4797 10-16-2011 01:01 AM

Everyone is so diverse and yet we are the same. It takes a creative and a visual thinker to be a quilter. I have discovered not everyone can see things the way we can.

kila1964 10-16-2011 01:42 AM

I was a nurse for 20 years and a health insurance claims manager for about 15 years and now happily retired, but thinking about taking a H & R Block tax course this fall, but wondering if I have the time.

juliasb 10-16-2011 03:29 AM

I am a retired Social Worker. My degree is in Gerontology with a speciality in Mental Health in Aging. I am Also an Activity Therapist and hold a degree there too. I have now been retired 20 years. I finally let my State license go a few years ago. I figured I would not be returning into the work force.
Now I am a quilter and crafter for the most part. I have an active retirement and am a stay at home person.

tallchick 10-16-2011 05:13 AM

Hmmmm- Started as a social worker working with abused women as well as part time working with at risk youth(kids are expensive had 2 jobs) Then I went into Law Enforcement for many years, then back to social services. I grew weary of seeing the "dark side of humanity" on a daily basis (sometimes it's hard to leave work at work). I got into accounting and now I work from home doing books for our business.

MYWR 10-16-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly

Originally Posted by MYWR
physician - semi retired and work on review isues at home online mostly
(please don't ask me medical questions)

Me- Uh, doc my head hurts when I do this. :cry:
Doc- Then don't do that. :lol:
Now it has been asked and answered! :thumbup:

Sorry, some days I just can't help myself! :oops: :roll:

TOUCHE!