Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

Caswews 10-21-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Quilterfay
Yes please don't sell yourself short because you can not work outside the home. To run a home you need to have lots of skills. Finance person, organizer, cook, decorator, the list goes on and on.

None of us know when or if we will be struck with an illness.

Please take care of yourselves and nurture yourself. God has plans for you yet. Quilt when you can or just stroke that gorgeous fabric you have in your stash or dream of the quilts you will make on good days.

God bless! I have a job but some days I would give anything to just stay home.

Wonderfully stated !! I agree with the job !!LOL

lupee60 10-24-2011 09:51 AM

Im a CCA certified coder associate, i code and bill for a medical office.

Yrnstr 10-26-2011 02:11 AM

I was a foreign language instructor. Don't miss it a bit. :thumbdown:

Montana Quilter 10-26-2011 03:09 AM

EMT for 13 years, now RN and Trauma Coordinator at small rural hospital in Montana.

Fran Juern 10-26-2011 05:01 AM

Grew up on a farm, was a waitress in high school, went to Beauty college and was a hairdresser for 30 some years, now retired from this but still go to shut-ins. After husband retired we moved to a lake area where I enrolled in first responder classes and finally became an ambulance driver and did that for 7 years. After my husband passed away, I moved back to home town, near kids & grandkids and stayed retired (again) for 4 days and found I wasn't ready to relax so applied for and got a job at a high school cafateria for 3 hours a day and have been there for 7 years. I am now 73 years young and haven't figured out what I will do when I get old. This school is one of the most rewarding of all.

joey 10-29-2011 12:41 PM

I worked as an Admin (Secretary) for many years at a large corporation.....then downsized and went to another company and did anaylist in IS dept. Retired from there and have been driving truck with my husband since 1999. Two more years and we will retire...... :-D

libbiebean 11-24-2011 12:48 PM

Medical

Retired medical receptionist/secretary/bookkeeper. (One girl office most of the time)

Juliebelle 11-24-2011 04:34 PM

I was a claim representative for a Mortgage Insurance Company for over 18 years

longerarmer 11-24-2011 05:50 PM

A welder, and did all the paper work in the office. That because we own a welding shop. Did a lot of railing in Branson Mo. It was just my husband and myself and some time one of the kids would come in and help.

luraj 11-24-2011 07:30 PM

I was a manager in the telecommunications industry. Retired 3 years ago to spend more time with my toys.