Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your opinion? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-opinion-t293332.html)

Suz 12-15-2017 07:33 AM

What is your opinion?

What do you think of the current hair styles? Some of the ladies look they just crawled out of bed and did not comb out. Seems that the flip out or curl under, or just curls are hard to find.

Am I old fashioned or out of date? Your opinion.

Geri B 12-15-2017 07:41 AM

Hairstyles like clothes keep changing........first, I'm old! My hair is short, has been for many years....I was a hairdresser in my career life.....so I am always aware of hairstyle. I just observe all the long hair, straight, just hanging there,...no matter what age of the person....or the "fashion colors" - pink, blue, etc.....maybe I'm just jealous!

anne2016 12-15-2017 08:00 AM

My hair is short and gray. As long as it's tidy, I don't dwell much on my hair.
I do notice the hairstyles and hair colors of the younger set.
I saw a young person in WM the other day. She had long light brown hair but had it streaked through with gray. ..more gray than brown showing. Looked lovely.
Sometimes I think I should color a section of my gray hair...maybe the bangs colored a bright purple....do it for the shock value when my adult kids visit!

LenaBeena 12-15-2017 08:03 AM

To me the latest styles look like they need to be shampooed, dried and combed out.
Each era has it own ideas and when I look back on some of my old photos, I cringe.
But back then I thought I was in style! :)

SusieQOH 12-15-2017 08:36 AM

My sister has 2 blue streaks in her hair, they are subtle, but look cool really. They're more at the bottom. It's not for me but I like it on her. She still is obsessed with her hair, as she's been her whole life. Her hair is super curly naturally and it's always poker straight. She spends a lot of time on it each day!

I really enjoy seeing what younger people do. I don't always like it but as
someone else said- I used to do all kinds of crazy things with mine and I thought I was majorly cool! :D

My youngest son has a "man bun". Hilarious!!!

I wear mine medium length. Can't do the short "do". I have thick hair and I like to play around with it, just not as much as my sis.

bearisgray 12-15-2017 09:07 AM

I would rather see people do - wild - things with their hair than get a bunch of tattoos or piercings.

I figure it's easier to change one's mind about a hair style or color than to un-ink one's skin or un-hole one's skin (do/will some piercings sort of close up if left "empty"?)

SusieQOH 12-15-2017 09:26 AM

Bear, I saw a man once working in a kiosk at the mall. He had holes in his ears the size of dimes. I'm a nurse but honestly I felt sick looking at him. He was putting plastic on my Ipod so I had to be in his line of vision. Could not
wait to get away from him. I've seen a few others as well over the years. Really gross.

Quilter 53 12-15-2017 09:28 AM

After years of trying to color, perm, using all the latest products and gadgets, I went back to my high school do, straight with no bangs and an off center part. It wants to do that anyway, why fight it? Only difference is that now it's gray and shoulder length and not down to my butt ala Cher. But it does seem to me that there a lot of ponytails out there.
One of my little quirks...a beautician whose own hair looks like no attention has been paid to it in a week. Do I really want her to deal with my hair? LOL

Onebyone 12-15-2017 10:07 AM

As long as hair is clean I don't care about what style it is. I was behind a woman with thick dreadlocks. They really smelled bad. I had to back up a good distance. The nurse at my Drs said the dreadlocks stink up the exam room pretty bad but like smokers who can't smell the cigarette smell the ones with the locks can't smell those.

cashs_mom 12-15-2017 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7963217)
Bear, I saw a man once working in a kiosk at the mall. He had holes in his ears the size of dimes. I'm a nurse but honestly I felt sick looking at him. He was putting plastic on my Ipod so I had to be in his line of vision. Could not
wait to get away from him. I've seen a few others as well over the years. Really gross.

Oooh, the gages (gauges?) I can't stand those. And I'm wondering if those people realize that once their ear lobes stretch like that they will never go back so when the fad is over their stuck with icky earlobes. Yuck!