Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your other main hobbies besides quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-other-main-hobbies-besides-quilting-t216181.html)

quilter1147 03-12-2013 08:57 AM

I like sewing crafts right now - quillows, purse inserts, totes, fabric coiled baskets, pillowcases, bi-fold wallets.
I am about ready to start my first rag quilt - very excited about that. :)

Mariposa 03-12-2013 09:07 AM

I like to sew Paggedy-type dolls, and maybe do some 18" doll stuff; hand embroidery, cross-stitch, do jewelry, fishing, baking, and putter in the garden. Also have a "to-scale" doll house I'd like to work on. :)

Teddybear Lady 03-12-2013 09:15 AM

Before I got "addicted" to this quilting board, I was doing a lot of scrapbooking. I just went from hoarding scrapbooking supplies to hoarding fabric! haha I need to find a balance between the two and get something done! :D

helou 03-12-2013 09:17 AM

In the winter I am into genealogy, researching and writing my family history, play badminton once a week with over 50 y.o. people, go to the gym 3 times a week, do jigsaw puzzles
In the summer, it is mainly biking, golfing and travelling well, after having taken care of the lawn, the flower beds and the household and laundry etc...

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-12-2013 10:03 AM

Reading, counted-cross stitch, backyard bird feeding.

mary123 03-12-2013 11:01 AM

Fellow quilters,
I so enjoyed reading all of your answers.
All of you are talented special ladies with different interests.
OMA66, would love to come to your house to eat supper. I love putting my photography on cards to give away,
and I love piecing quilts---wished I loved to cook more.

momto5 03-12-2013 12:56 PM

I keyboard, play guitar, organ, and read. I love electronics, witness my accumulation of iPads, computers, Nooks, Kindles, etc. And my favorite hobby other than my kids and grands is my three pups..... However, over and above all, is the need/desire/want/aim/etc. of the quilting bug....:)....and of course, all the things that go with it, including collecting fabric, thread, machines, etc.

Alicequilts 03-12-2013 02:41 PM

I enjoy spending time with my granddaughters and my family, camping, cooking (and eating by the way!), Knitting, reading quilting magazines and books, my pets, traveling, and reading this quilting board (and yes, it is additive.) OH, and eating chocolates. I also LOVE to just go look and touch my stash!

sandilee 03-12-2013 03:23 PM

Crossword puzzles and traveling. They say quilters love gardening.

Elise1 03-12-2013 04:27 PM

I love the theater. I see many musicals and plays with my husband and/or daughter in Chicago. DD and I go to New York every summer to see 5 or 6 shows. It is the highlight of my year.

I also love walking, biking and reading.