Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your other main hobbies besides quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-other-main-hobbies-besides-quilting-t216181.html)

Gabrielle's Mimi 03-13-2013 04:35 PM

Am I the only rubber stamp card maker on here? I love scrap booking, reading, photography, and naturally, quilting! I have also been doing a lot with genealogy, too. Recently found out I am related to 22 people on the Mayflower! What a feeling!

tulip43 03-13-2013 04:40 PM

I enjoy cooking, baking and reading

Marijeaux 03-13-2013 04:47 PM

Gardening, golf, reading, crafts, geneology, shooting. Would like to get into competitive shooting.

plainpat 03-13-2013 05:06 PM

Reading has been my 1st love since grade school.Quilting sometimes takes over,but there's always more books to read.
Used to crochet & do cross stitch,but no time for it now.I work Sudoku puzzles,bake,try new recipes.We always liked to travel.

Jo Anne B. 03-13-2013 05:18 PM

Good question! Many hobbies and or loves, my horse(she's 25 I have had her since the day she was born) we are very bonded, I am at the barn twice a day. Yes! horses are wonderful therapy. as Col. Potter says "the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a the man"
I love tennis, net and doubles. l play golf with the DH occasionally in the summer.
Pet my cat(Nike) or the Dog(MiyaMonster) one or the other is usually attached to my hip.
Collect a varieties of Brownie, banana bread recipes and quick breads. Having lunch with the girlfriends.

ScrappyAZ 03-13-2013 05:26 PM

I enjoy scrapbooking, making cards, shopping for the perfect purse, golf and vacations. Spending time with the grandchildren is a priority.

Glenda m 03-13-2013 05:35 PM

I am learning to play the Autoharp with the help of a lot of wonderful other 'Harpers" I like doing genealogy and reading. Just got the new Carolyn Hart book.

Sherryquilts 03-13-2013 06:21 PM

I have been making twined rugs out of scrap clothing, bedding, unloved fabric etc. Quilting (of course) from idea all the way to labeling and binding, especially scrap quilts. I do a bit of crochet and knitting, love to read, organizing 'stuff', gardening. I really like to make something out of nothing, so recycling the old clothing into rugs is great for me. I work out and walk at least 5 days a week. I spend too much time on a computer.... Apparently I like to collect recipes - I just found a huge box of saved recipes - and I am not sure why, I really don't like to cook LOL

Central Ohio Quilter 03-13-2013 06:55 PM

I play in a handbell choir.

I garden, flowers and veggies. Going along with my vegetable garden I can pickles and relishes and freeze lots of other vegetables.

We go camping often and going along with our camping we love to hike and kayak. I also love to find and identify all kinds of wild flowers, birds, animals, trees, mushrooms, etc.

I also enjoy reading and cooking and we very seldom go out to eat.

I also take care of our almost-two-year old granddaughter 2 or 3 days a week. What a joy that is! I am looking forward to teaching her to quilt and sew when she is a bit older.

There is SO much to do and enjoy in life that I truly can not understand how anyone can possibly ever be bored! I enjoy everything I do!

sewbizgirl 03-13-2013 08:29 PM

I knit, crochet, and sew children's clothes. Also love weightlifting and running.