Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was your worst and best from 2013? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-worst-best-2013-a-t237343.html)

KalamaQuilts 12-24-2013 09:28 AM

What was your worst and best from 2013?

Worst, finding out I had lung cancer (surgery in March)
Good, they said they are sure they got it all.

nhweaver 12-24-2013 10:02 AM

Worst - grandson Max has a bike accident while racing in Severn MD, was in Univ of MD Shock Trauma intensive care for 10 days, over 20 hours of surgery. Home now, will miss his junior year at Univ of DE.
Good news, he was home for Thanksgiving, and didn't need the hospital bed by Christmas, also thankful that he has his right arm, and with therapy may be able to write by Easter!!

JuneBillie 12-24-2013 10:07 AM

Worst was my dad becoming sicker, and in hospital now in nursing home to get physical therapy. Best was my son getting a new job he was hoping for, and daughter in law going back to the job she loves. One more best is another year with my wonderful husband, and best of all us having God in our lives for all things.

lynnie 12-24-2013 01:12 PM

it's been an unremarkable year for me, so I guess that's great in itself. i'm a very positive person so...
I make little of every thing.
on the positive side.....
i'm married to the greatest man, my son is fantastic, my kitty Zoey is loyal and spoiled as always. I have a roof over my head, a warm coat in the closet and a bed to lay on at night. I have food, water and means of transportation. I have friends here and in my condo. what more could one ask for. I've got it made. I'm truly blessed and lucky, and couldn't be happier. My Christmas wish for years was a good man, and I have one!!!!

ILoveToQuilt 12-24-2013 05:06 PM

Worst...recovering from knee replacement surgery - took soooooo long.
Best...bought a vacation home up in the hinterlands of Maine where my wonderful husband and I will retire to.

Anita

Chasing Hawk 12-24-2013 06:06 PM

My 2013 was not that bad. Other than dealing with Mr. Clotty in my right lung everything went great.

I was granted another year with my wonderful husband.
All our dogs and the pesty cat are safe and healthy.
My son spent his 5th year sober.
My grandkids are happy and healthy.......all 13 of them
My kids are doing well.

So I don't really have any room to complain. :)

leakus 12-24-2013 06:18 PM

Worst, I lost my sister. Best, I have a great family and lots of love even though we are all in different countries.

barny 12-24-2013 06:20 PM

My worst. I had a heart attack brought on by a bad cold and the coughing caused it. BEST, I now have a pacemaker and I feel like a million dollars. Our Father brought my 4 men home thru the worst ice storm in Texas.

momto5 12-24-2013 06:43 PM

My worst, I lost my brother in mid-May. The best....the Almighty brought us all through it safely and gave us two new great-grands and a great nephew this year....and all my kids and gks are doing well and seem to be happy. Who could ask for more?

Country1 12-25-2013 12:34 AM

Best, my best friend underwent a double masectomy and is cancer free.
Worst, my dear sister passed away yesterday! She was only 50.