Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's the craziest street name you ever heard of? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-craziest-street-name-you-ever-heard-t54484.html)

Annz 07-16-2010 10:23 PM

I know I saw one but I can't remember what it was.

kathome 07-16-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
I don't have interesting street names near me, but the is a town near by with the name of Bird in Hand and then you can get to Paradise going through Intercourse. All towns are in Pa. Look them up.

I have been to those towns but have a funny story about it. I had a brand new boss (man) and happened to go on vacation the following week. I phoned in to the office and was connected to him. W had a pretty poor phone connection and he asked where I was, and without thinking I replied, "in the middle of Intercourse". I immediately tried to explain that it was a town in PA, all the while stumbling over my error. We turned out to be good friends but always laughed about it.

Pats8e8 07-16-2010 10:50 PM

How about Starvation Flats, in Big Bear, CA?

moonrise 07-16-2010 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by kathome

Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
I don't have interesting street names near me, but the is a town near by with the name of Bird in Hand and then you can get to Paradise going through Intercourse. All towns are in Pa. Look them up.

I have been to those towns but have a funny story about it. I had a brand new boss (man) and happened to go on vacation the following week. I phoned in to the office and was connected to him. W had a pretty poor phone connection and he asked where I was, and without thinking I replied, "in the middle of Intercourse". I immediately tried to explain that it was a town in PA, all the while stumbling over my error. We turned out to be good friends but always laughed about it.

OMG! LOL! :lol:

amazon 07-16-2010 11:46 PM

In Alabama, Slap Out- as in slap out of names? Pea Ridge, Shades Run, close to us Greasy Cove Rd. Estes Circle Rd but its not a circle. Keller Hollow, but everyone says Keller Holler. and on the web we found Bishop Butt Close in England

magpiefeather 07-16-2010 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You all will want to move here to live on THIS street! It is here at the edge of town...Cut Bank, MT.

DOTTYMO 07-16-2010 11:58 PM

tiddle lane. by tiddle stream

Maksi 07-17-2010 12:20 AM

Wide road( but it was the smallest road I ever see)
The Netheralnds has some island and the biggest is Texel. There is De Cocksdorp (translation The Cocks Village) :))

Some explaination Cock is just a normal name in the Nederlands and Cock of Kok is also a normal last name in the Netherlands. It has an other meaning then in English.

A area in Lanklaar thats a place in Belgium is called Groot Homo wich means Big Gay in English.

Lneal 07-17-2010 01:48 AM

We have a road in town called, "Guntown Road" I have no idea why it is called that. Runs by our local WM store.

lass 07-17-2010 05:02 AM

Near where my nana used to lived there was a road called "Burnt Store". And yes it's because a very very long time ago there was a store there that burned down. So people would say go down to the burnt store and turn right.... well then the store distintigrated, but all knew that was where it was so eventually the highway dept put up a road sign: Burnt Store Rd.