Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Whats up with Spam in my PM's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-up-spam-my-pms-t57012.html)

Jingle 07-30-2010 03:44 PM

I got an PM from them also, when I tried to find it , it was gone, I guess Patricej had already blocked them.

QuiltMania 07-30-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I get tons of PM's and love them, but I open one from "Quiltermania" and its an advertisement with a link for patterns. Whats up with this?

Billy

Well, that's just annoying! Some spammer is trying to bootleg my screen name.

sharon b 07-30-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

Originally Posted by sharon b
And as a reminder ... all board members can help us ... when you get something like this let a Mod/Admin know about it immediately ( check the user list and see who is in line at the time) so it can be handled quickly :lol:

We work hard to stop this kind if nonsense :thumbup:

Isn't everyone on line listed at the bottom of the HOME page with the Mod/Admin angels in BOLD?

Yes :lol:

raptureready 07-31-2010 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by raptureready
I got it too, I wasn't sure what it was but it had a LOT of FREE BLOCK patterns when you scroll down so perhaps that's what was being sent rather than the offer to purchase a book. Anyway, if you haven't already deleted it you might want to look at those patterns.

seriously. it's all useless.

Okay, I didn't look at them just earmarked it for later. I actually thought it was being sent by Quiltmania. Next time I'll read closer and know that if it says Quiltermania it's not our person.

patricej 07-31-2010 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania

I get tons of PM's and love them, but I open one from "Quiltermania" and its an advertisement with a link for patterns. Whats up with this?

Billy

Well, that's just annoying! Some spammer is trying to bootleg my screen name.

i'm glad that we caught it quickly. thanks to those who reported it immediately. not to criticize Lostn51 for starting this topic. however, we may have missed it. reporting directly to Admin, to me, or to one of the other moderators is the fastest way to get these things fixed.

i'm particularly relieved that the culprit didn't have time to taint QuiltMania's good name. :P

Lostn51 08-02-2010 04:48 PM

i'm glad that we caught it quickly. thanks to those who reported it immediately. not to criticize Lostn51 for starting this topic. however, we may have missed it. reporting directly to Admin, to me, or to one of the other moderators is the fastest way to get these things fixed.

i'm particularly relieved that the culprit didn't have time to taint QuiltMania's good name. :P

Well maybe with me starting this topic it has made folks aware of what needs t happen when they get Spamage in their PM's.

I will look at this like it was a public service announcement :lol:

Billy

sharon b 08-02-2010 05:36 PM

Well maybe with me starting this topic it has made folks aware of what needs t happen when they get Spamage in their PM's.

I will look at this like it was a public service announcement :lol:

Billy

:thumbup: Exactly :lol:

nursie76 08-02-2010 05:49 PM

Yep I got it too...just deleted it! Glad it was nipped in the bud.

Lostn51 08-02-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
:thumbup: Exactly :lol:

Hey at least I am good for something around here......:mrgreen:

Billy