Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's your favorite type of Vacation? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-favorite-type-vacation-t57073.html)

tweetee 07-31-2010 02:42 AM

I have never been on a cruise but I plan to go on one at some point in my life
I love just taking time off work, and not going anywhere, just staying at home pottering about and doing all those little things I dont get time to do when Im working.

That being said, I do like going camping and "roughing it" in a tent and a campfire to cook on every once in a while. Out in the middle of the bush with no power, and the only light at night is the campfire. Lovely!

canmitch1971 07-31-2010 03:00 AM

Give me a palm tree, a nice sandy beach and the ocean and I am in heaven.

bearisgray 07-31-2010 03:17 AM

When I do NOT have to cook or do dishes.

When everyone else goes away for a few days and leaves me and the cat at home.

Linda1 07-31-2010 03:51 AM

I always just wanted to stay home and get caught up on everything when I worked. Now I am retired and still enjoy just staying home. I guess this is because my DH spent 20 years in the Army and we moved quite a bit.

cherylynne 07-31-2010 04:19 AM

I like to go on cruises, but sometimes it is hard for me to relax on a cruise. I want to do everything!! We like to travel with our trailer and stop and see anything interesting on the way. We can stay a few days wherever we want to. I have a quilter's travel book and check the LQS along the way. I'm retired now and can go whenever we aren't watching the grandkids. Sometimes when I'm away I just need to go home and enjoy my things there.

CarrieAnne 07-31-2010 04:42 AM

I am a homebody, so I just like to be at home with no extra stuff to do. I would love someday to get a camping trailer and go west, through the mountains to the West coast.

dharen7 07-31-2010 05:01 AM

Traveling. favorite vacation driving out to California to see daughter come in on the Abraham Lincoln and lots of great pictures of the ship going under the Golden Gate Bridge week and a half doing fun stuff with her. Then driving to Alaska all 10,600 miles with youngest son the sights we saw. Numerous stops and sights, Going out west and visiting 6 national parks hiking to the top of Angels Landing almost made it was short last short lap due to my husband fear of watching me from the back slipping and sliding. Long fall if you slip off edge. Trip to Hawaii only one we couldn't drive. Goal is every single state in United States and then start over

LittleMo 07-31-2010 05:13 AM

Jumping on a plane and going to London. Well worth the 24 hours it takes to get there.

oldhag 07-31-2010 05:17 AM

Traveling in our RV. We make no plans, We get up and hit the road, if we see something 50 miles down the road, that's where we will stop, if it's 300 miles.... you get the idea. Staying off of the Interstates as you get to see real life on the secondary roads. Getting lost is fun.Our goal is to visit every dirt track in North America and watch some grassroots racing at local tracks.

Jeanniejo 07-31-2010 05:18 AM

Love anything near water ! Packing and driving, no plan, just drive and stop any place you want to. Our last trip like that was a week that turned into a month !! Had a great time :lol: