Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When Amazon takes a picture of the package left by the door. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-amazon-takes-picture-package-left-door-t315405.html)

Onebyone 05-19-2021 12:13 PM

When Amazon takes a picture of the package left by the door.

1 Attachment(s)
I get a lot of packages delivered by Amazon and always get a picture of delivery. Am I the only one that thinks their door and mat need some pizazz when seeing the picture ? LOL

recycler 05-19-2021 01:14 PM

Ha., looks darn good compared to mine with a pair of muddy sandals and gardening gloves laying there! I don’t get pictures..maybe I should request them so I will be more aware of how it looks!😳

tallchick 05-19-2021 01:52 PM

I have a parcel box along with friendly laminated and framed instructions. 90% of the time they get it right, it just depends on the driver. I too get the photos, along with “how did we do” to send anonymous feedback about the delivery. I try to make my exterior inviting and pleasant.

dunster 05-20-2021 12:05 PM

I just don't get it. What is the picture supposed to prove? In some cases the background may be identifiable, but I've seen posts on the nextdoor app where people got the picture emailed to them, but the package was mistakenly delivered to somebody else's porch.

Quilty56 05-20-2021 01:14 PM

The picture proves that at the time of delivery where the delivery was placed to prove it was delivered. With so many porch thieves as well as deliveries not making it to the correct address, I think this is great.

dunster 05-20-2021 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty56 (Post 8485233)
The picture proves that at the time of delivery where the delivery was placed to prove it was delivered. With so many porch thieves as well as deliveries not making it to the correct address, I think this is great.

But it doesn't prove that at all, unless there's some object in the picture that identifies the house where it was delivered. I've received many of these pictures, just showing a package leaning against a stucco wall. That picture could be taken at any home in this area. There's no way to identify it as the correct address. And many people have posted pictures that they received via email showing a package delivered, but the picture is of someone else's house, not theirs.

Onebyone 05-20-2021 08:31 PM

I cropped the picture a lot, the pics sent to me there is no question it is my house. It is still lacking pizazz in the full picture. Amazon uploads the full picture that was as sent if someone reports it is not their house.

Watson 05-21-2021 01:36 AM

I received one of these photos of a package delivery and recognized my next door neighbour's front door in the photo! I went over there and she was just putting her coat on to come and bring it to me.

Watson

SusieQOH 05-21-2021 05:05 AM

Well, your mat says Welcome, and we love our Amazon packages!! Very appropriate lol

Doggramma 05-21-2021 05:18 AM

I think we’re on the route back to the warehouse. Oftentimes I’m checking my email after 10 pm and see a picture of something delivered at 8:00 or so. So, for me, it’s good to have this notification so it’s not sitting out there all night.