Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When I was little - some things I thought - that are not so - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-i-little-some-things-i-thought-not-so-t296880.html)

Nanny's dollface 08-27-2018 04:39 PM

It’s what you know not who you know.....false

moonrise 08-27-2018 10:56 PM

My little sister thought that white milk came from white cows, and chocolate milk came from brown cows. :D

SusieQOH 08-28-2018 04:20 AM

When we were kids my Mom's many uncles owned a grocery store. One uncle was the cashier and he always had a cup of caramel colored beverage that we couldn't figure out. It was coffee but didn't look like what our parents drank!!! It had a lot of milk in it. Dumb kids :)

rryder 08-28-2018 05:52 AM

I thought women drank hot coffee and men and children drank hot tea...

Rob

sewn3w 08-28-2018 02:16 PM

That my cousin's husband's name was Thatdam Clark. I was a teenager before I realized his first name was Clark! You can figure out the rest. 🤣

leonf 08-29-2018 07:08 AM

I couldn't figure out why the Masoni Comb was so huge for a salon.

Masonic home

leonf 08-29-2018 07:19 AM

A daddy experience. I was called to get my son at grade school. He had been stuck with a pencil and was pretty pale. No bleeding or anything. As we left the building I started peppering him with questions. Does it hurt really badly? Was there a lot of blood? Did you throw up? No to all the above. Then I asked, "What is bothering you so much." "Daddy, will I die of lead poisoning?" No wonder he was shook. A short explanation of graphite and lead and he was all smiles.

MaryMo 08-29-2018 08:05 AM

My parents taught me to save for a later date. I thought that if I put money in a retirement account every payday I would have an easy life in retirement; it did not work out that way.

SillySusan 08-29-2018 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by leonf (Post 8118124)
A daddy experience. I was called to get my son at grade school. He had been stuck with a pencil and was pretty pale. No bleeding or anything. As we left the building I started peppering him with questions. Does it hurt really badly? Was there a lot of blood? Did you throw up? No to all the above. Then I asked, "What is bothering you so much." "Daddy, will I die of lead poisoning?" No wonder he was shook. A short explanation of graphite and lead and he was all smiles.

When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I swallowed a penny. I thought I was going to die and I was too embarrassed to tell anyone. I just followed my mother around all day in hopes that she'd be close when I died. I am a little old lady now. It didn't kill me yet! :)

bearisgray 08-29-2018 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by SillySusan (Post 8118148)
When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I swallowed a penny. I thought I was going to die and I was too embarrassed to tell anyone. I just followed my mother around all day in hopes that she'd be close when I died. I am a little old lady now. It didn't kill me yet! :)

Do you remember it coming out? I've always wondered if coins can clog the plumbing.