Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When looking for something . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-looking-something-t250916.html)

tessagin 07-29-2014 05:45 AM

This works for me, I have a note paper in a clear container in a Ziploc with a pencil. When I put something in the container, I write on the note what is in there. The note paper and pencil go back into the container. I also have a catchall basket for DH to throw things into. I have the note paper positioned so I can read it for a quick glance.

Sewnoma 07-29-2014 06:24 AM

You know it's bad, though, when you find something you don't remember ever buying....and then later you find a SECOND one of them, and you STILL DON'T remember buying it even though you've obviously done it twice!!

I'm not even 40 yet and I have serious CRS syndrome. (CRS = "Can't Remember Sh*t")

KathyJ 07-29-2014 06:53 AM

I had a black tin box for special stash money that I earned doing machine quilting. I also had a magnifying glass. Notice the use of the past tense "had"??? The box had about $300 in it. It has disappeared along w/the mag glass. I had the box in with some tools on my sewing table & I knew where it was at all times. Enter DH. He suggested not to leave it there & against my better judgment, I moved it & haven't seen it since. He's not allowed in my sewing room any more. As for the mag glass, finally bought another one last nite so I'm sure the old one (a gift from a dear friend) will turn up soon. Guess it is time to de-clutter . . . again.

lindaschipper 07-29-2014 06:59 AM

I keep all my templates in a metal container....nice to be able to find them when needed. It's the fabric that I forget about, even though it is organized!!!

Stitchit123 07-29-2014 07:07 AM

I have actually done pretty good about not losing things in the sewing room during this current quilting project The problem is I can not find the attachments to my vacuum. Thank goodness no one is around to see this because I have opened every door and drawer in the house more times than I can count and I can count pretty high. LOL A friend say's -'So where haven't you looked' only 2 places left -they are not in the car or fridge. Yep so glad my son isn't here to see this-he'd be measuring me for one of those extra long sleeved jackets and making me reservations

citruscountyquilter 07-29-2014 09:46 AM

If you want to find something just buy a replacement. Works for me every time.

nlgh 07-29-2014 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6821200)
When looking for some particular item - how many times have you come across items that you had completely forgotten about?

Has happened to me for over 40 years.

Jan in VA 07-29-2014 02:18 PM

Mother and I have been sewing together for 3 days; today we 'lost' a pair of orange-handled Fiskars embroidery scissors.
We worked in a 10' square space.
ALL fabric we were using was on 1 table.
Cutting and sewing were done on 1 table, ironing was done on another table.
We sat facing each other at the sewing table.
Except for trips to the bathroom and one trip to the refrigerator for our already-prepared lunch, we didn't move from this space.
We have searched the trash cans, all the fabric scraps, under the machines, on the floor on our hands and knees, in our pockets, behind/under/in everything we can think of, even the 'frig and the bathroom sink....
and no scissors.
The quilting gremlin got them, obviously.:mad:
If you see him, bash him on the nose for us! :p :D

Jan in VA

bearisgray 07-29-2014 02:23 PM

Did you look in your bras? :D

Jan in VA 07-29-2014 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6823046)
Did you look in your bras? :D

Oh, good one! I wasn't wearing one, but Mother was; I'll have to ask her.:D :D
Jan in VA