Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When will you set up and decorate your Christmas Trees? Love to see photos of your Christmas decorations and trees (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-will-you-set-up-decorate-your-christmas-trees-love-see-photos-your-christmas-decorations-trees-t76229.html)

craftybear 11-13-2010 07:16 PM

Would love to see photos of your Christmas trees and decorations

Sadiemae 11-13-2010 07:17 PM

A house in the next block from me has lights on the house and all around the trees already lit up.

lisainmo 11-13-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
A house in the next block from me has lights on the house and all around the trees already lit up.

WOW we need to get through the Thanksgiving holiday first!

cjomomma 11-13-2010 07:27 PM

I will start mine the day after thanks giving. First will be the outside decor then the inside.

craftybear 11-13-2010 07:28 PM

On my way home tonight, you should see all of the Christmas decorations, I think everyone is fast this year because of the nice weather to put decorations and lights outside on the house and yard

Originally Posted by lisainmo

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

WOW we need to get through the Thanksgiving holiday first!

sunflower126 11-13-2010 07:35 PM

I'll be putting mine up Thanksgiving weekend. Hubby goes to the mountains with friends on Fri until Mon night. Every year I say I'm going to keep it simple....we'll see.

noveltyjunkie 11-13-2010 11:39 PM

Waaay too early but my daughter spotted a tree in a neighbours house today too!

We may not put up a tree this year as we are travelling to the inlaws. (But then again, we could just put it up early-definitely not until December though....)

Decorations have been up in the shops for quite a while now. Last year, I was in our local shopping mall waaaay before Christmas and a foreign gentleman who was obviously visiting from somewhere in Asia approached me and said "excuse me- what festival are they celebrating here?" (of course you could not tell as, for some reason, it was mainly garlands of orange baubles). I don't know which of us was more embarassed as I explained to him that it was for Christmas, two months later!!!

ashlett 11-14-2010 02:22 AM

Two weeks before Christmas. Our local Tesco`s has theirs up, and it is a pathetic one. :(

SuziC 11-14-2010 04:20 AM

I put up my decorations and the tree 2 weeks before Christmas.
Although i LOVE Christmas, i find that i can only handle all the stuff for a little wait. I don't want to have to dust all the decorations! It all comes down on New Years day. We have the grandkids over to do the tree(i fix it later on) while i put out all my little villages. It a whole lot of fun!

quilter on the eastern edge 11-14-2010 04:38 AM

We usually put up our tree - a real one - on the 22nd or 23rd of December. Then it comes down on January 6th, Old Christmas Day. I do get other decorating done ahead of that time but usually not until the 2nd week or so of December.

I don't like doing it too early because I get tired of it and it loses it specialness if all the Christmas stuff is there for weeks on end.

I do put Christmas music on the player on December 1st. I start with the James Galway CD ( have for about 20 years or more) and then the absolute best Christmas CD ever -- Good News by Kathy Mattea. Just love that CD!