Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where to De-stash other Non-Quilting Items (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-de-stash-other-non-quilting-items-t114623.html)

redkimba 04-08-2011 07:37 PM

you could list them on freecycle.

Dingle 04-08-2011 08:40 PM

I was wondering that too. I have a boat load of cross stitch items. Alot of completed items too that can be worked into quilts. I have completed ornaments, pictures, pin cushions, most of the completed items are from the Prairie Schooler leaflets. I also have cross stitched quilt blocks. I have seen these in quilts too. I don't want to sell on E-Bay either. They take way too much money and I really don't have enough time for that.

***Moderator's Note - needle crafts than can be incorporated into quilts may be sold in our thrift shop if the member is eligible and if the prices are kept low enough.***

trisha 04-08-2011 08:42 PM

You could always do a Pay It Forward and give the stuff away to someone who really wants it.

Grandma58 04-08-2011 08:56 PM

Ask the moderator if you can sell it here. Since there are at least two of you with similar items maybe they will do a crafty item day once a month her, that could be fun!

Quiltforme 04-08-2011 11:27 PM

What about senior centers they would love to have these. I know you want sell them but maybe donate them and use the tax write off? Just an idea!

patricej 04-09-2011 12:22 AM

those of you who are advising that the items be sold here mean well, but are giving your friend bad advice. ;-)

in order to be sold in our thrift shop items must relate to quilting.

the sheep kit could conceivably be incorporated into a quilt, and so an eligible member could sell them in our thrift shop.

the rest could not be sold through this board ... either through a posted ad or by private communication.

always check our rules before passing out advice. don't get your buddies in trouble. :lol:

patricej 04-09-2011 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma58
Ask the moderator if you can sell it here. Since there are at least two of you with similar items maybe they will do a crafty item day once a month her, that could be fun!

sorry, but that will not happen.

we are a quilting board.

our thrift shop is not the focal point of this community. it's a tiny extra and not our purpose for being here. it's important that we not create the impression that we are a selling site.

ckcowl 04-09-2011 01:26 AM

the local senior center or assisted living place would love to have them! they are always in need to crafty projects.

normasews 04-09-2011 03:58 AM

Good Morning! Thank you for all the replies. I know I would be directed in the right direction. I'll go check out some of the other sites recommended. Thanks, Norma

RevPam 04-09-2011 01:18 PM

I could send you my address and I'll take care of 'em!!