Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where is your clutter hot spot? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-your-clutter-hot-spot-t294252.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 01-23-2018 06:43 AM

I also have one counter in the kitchen that gets messy. Right now it’s covered with bills and day calendars. Today has been planned to clean up all the bills etc that need to be filed. I need to redo some of my kitchen cabinets soon.

Watson 01-23-2018 06:48 AM

My DH is an Engineer. "Clutter" is a four letter word.
The only clutter in our house is in my sewing room, which pretty much makes up for the rest of the house.

Watson

MaggieLou 01-23-2018 07:09 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one in this boat. Kitchen counter and just about every other flat surface. lol

dunster 01-23-2018 07:57 AM

The kitchen counters get cleared of all clutter almost daily. But my desk - another story. Of course in the sewing room it isn't clutter, it's supplies, right?

joyce blint 01-23-2018 08:02 AM

It really bothers me to have "flat surfaces" cluttered. Therefore I cram everything into the nearest drawer, cupboard, or closet. I have actually had stuff rolling out at me when I open cupboard and closet doors. I have difficulty finding things b/c who knows where I stuffed them. Different circumstances, but still so frustrating!

catsden 01-23-2018 08:42 AM

Mine are the closets. I have a bad habit of cleaning and putting things in them. Then I later have to clean them out.

Faintly Artistic 01-23-2018 10:07 AM

PatriceJ nailed it! My husband teases me about needing more "horizontal surfaces!" Right now, my house is on the market and everything is tidy. Hubby said we should keep the house on the market permanently! Hoping to move to a bigger place where I can have a dedicated sewing studio and my son can have his own workshop. That should help...hopefully...but not counting on it.

Doggramma 01-23-2018 11:41 AM

For me it's also every flat surface unfortunately. It's like that in my quilting area as well as the rest of the house. My husband and I are just collectors I guess. As soon as I pick stuff up, it accumulates again.

Anniedeb 01-23-2018 12:04 PM

I thrive on organized chaos! Once put away I can't find anything. Bills always go on the china hutch, junk mail gets recycled immediately. Kitchen gadgets are on the counter, one junk drawer, one utility drawer. House is a split, and steps are DH's catch-all. The garage is his domain, and I enter at my own risk. Lower level currently stores 3 different household's treasures, which we are working our way through. I have the ability to locate almost anything at a moments notice. (Except for seam-rippers!!)

Stitchnripper 01-23-2018 12:11 PM

It used to be the kitchen table because in that house, it was the place closest to the door we came in. In this house we come in a different spot and Mr. Stitchnripper has a place tp put his keys/wallet right by the door. I put my purse on a small table in the hall, out of the way. Counters are not cluttered. We decluttered a lot when we moved and this house is arranged differently, with a basement so really no need. I tend to open the mail by the recycle bin. And for some peculiar reason I haven't figured out, this house gets much less dust than the other one. It continues to be a mystery to me. We also went sparse with the decorating, so it is much easier to clean and keep clean.