Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where you're from - under your avatar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-youre-under-your-avatar-t54525.html)

gollytwo 07-14-2010 06:18 PM

I am always interested in where other quilters are from when I'm reading their inquiries, comments, or looking at photos.

When I've noted "in hiding" my assumptions has been that for some reason, a quilter doesn't want it known.
I've come to realize that location is probably left blank on profile page for no particular reason, since her/his location is often mentioned in texts.

debbieumphress 07-14-2010 06:22 PM

That's true and there are some secret swaps on here so they hide their names so others cannot figure it out and later forget to add them back. And then I suppose theere are those who do not want us to know. If they do , like you said, it is in a post or perhaps when they join a swap.
And there are those who, and I agree, would worry about someone looking up their name and addres and coming to their homes to steal their stash.ROFL......

magpie 07-14-2010 06:28 PM

:lol: :lol: you're funny.

Pam 07-14-2010 06:30 PM

Yeah, they know we want their stash, hubby is a cop, I think I am safe, got my gloves on.

amma 07-14-2010 07:48 PM

Yep, there are some secret swaps going on throughout the year and we are "in hiding" :D:D:D

GrammaNan 07-14-2010 08:42 PM

I don't worry about anyone stealing my stash, just take a look at my APA (Atticus Protection Agency) See his picture in my Avatar? LMBO

walen 07-14-2010 08:48 PM

Nice...a stash swap is what I would hope someone would break in and do for me! LOL...

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
That's true and there are some secret swaps on here so they hide their names so others cannot figure it out and later forget to add them back. And then I suppose theere are those who do not want us to know. If they do , like you said, it is in a post or perhaps when they join a swap.
And there are those who, and I agree, would worry about someone looking up their name and addres and coming to their homes to steal their stash.ROFL......

JanetM 07-14-2010 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress

I've seen some great stashes on this board that I would like to steal :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Scissor Queen 07-14-2010 09:47 PM

It's annoying when people ask me where I'm from when what they really want to know is where do I live. They're two different things.

Chasing Hawk 07-14-2010 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, one would think it wouldn't be such a secret stash giver when the postmark on the package would give them away. Unless........
One mailed it 3 states away......LOL Just to throw someone off track. :P

P.s.......

I live in Central Oregon, near a pine tree.........