Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Whew! cats got outside tonight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whew-cats-got-outside-tonight-t57734.html)

nativetexan 08-03-2010 08:14 PM

my hubby just yelled at me asking me if i had the cats downstairs. no, i don't! turned out both the kittens got outside through a window that the screen had fallen out of. Rosie loves to rub on that screen and evidently did it too hard.
I finally got Sissie back in through the window but Rosie was not willing to come inside just yet. i can't go pick her up when she's scared so i whistled and called and she stayed in the backyard and finally went back in through the patio door.
now to see how we can secure the screens. it's too hot without the windows open!! i stay downstairs now because my hubby doesn't like the fan on at all.
mamma cat was mad at her girls too! all safe and sound now though.

dharen7 08-04-2010 12:16 AM

Glad you got them back in safe

drivingsusan 08-04-2010 01:10 AM

OOO, that can be scary, especially with indoor cats, to have them get out! And at night, too!
Glad everyone is back in safe and sound!

magpie 08-04-2010 01:39 AM

My Abbie does the same thing, so we bought the adjustable screens from the hardware store, sanded the ends in a bevel and they slide right into the side tracks of the window. Can't be pushed out. She hasn't gotten out since.

sewcrafty 08-04-2010 03:04 AM

I woke up one morning hearing this noise. I thought OH NO NOT A MOUSE!!! I layed there and listened and listened totally still. Trying to figure this out at 5am. Finally I looked at the window and the cat somehow had pushed out the screen and he was sitting on the roof and was batting at the screen to come in! OMG!! He did the samething to my son and he had to actually go out onto the roof outside his room (I wouldn't have done this) to get him.

CarrieAnne 08-04-2010 05:25 AM

We have one that just WAITS til someone opens the door, and shoots out when youre not looking. I always do a head count before I go to bed, lol!!!!!!!!

sewjoyce 08-04-2010 06:35 AM

So glad that you got them back safely!! Silly cats just think they want to go outside in this heat :lol:

wvdek 08-04-2010 06:46 AM

Geesh, what a scare.

Rachel 08-04-2010 06:51 AM

We were replacing our outside doors, DH didnt' get it shut completely and then left to run some errands. I got home to find out cats patroling the yard. I was scared to death, but the cats were having a great time. tee hee

Ms. Shawn 08-04-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
my hubby just yelled at me asking me if i had the cats downstairs. no, i don't! turned out both the kittens got outside through a window that the screen had fallen out of. Rosie loves to rub on that screen and evidently did it too hard.
I finally got Sissie back in through the window but Rosie was not willing to come inside just yet. i can't go pick her up when she's scared so i whistled and called and she stayed in the backyard and finally went back in through the patio door.
now to see how we can secure the screens. it's too hot without the windows open!! i stay downstairs now because my hubby doesn't like the fan on at all.
mamma cat was mad at her girls too! all safe and sound now though.

I know how that must have scared you! I am so glad you got them back in safe and sound! :-o